now its hitting me.

proudparent88

Reaction score
So i am going to be 30 weeks tomorrow and today the fact that i am not getting my girl hit me like a ton of bricks and i broke down. Why is the disappointment hitting now after 10 weeks? I feel horrible for feeling like this because i am so blessed.

I still get moments of GD, while I'm not disappointed in my little guy, just disappointed knowing I'm not having a girl.
Chin up, we know you love bub :)

I do love him its just hard because there is so much i always wanted to share with a girl and my nieces are too far away to fill that void. I feel special because i am the only one in my family with boys my brother has all girls. This is boy three for me so i am used to boys just want a change in atmosphere i think a chance for barbies and dolls but i also have things to share with my boys hinting and fishing. I guess i have somethig special i can share with them as much as i could with a girl too. I just see all these little girls and it makes me hurt for some reason.

This may sound odd but try to separate out your feelings. The sadness you are feeling is like grieving for a different child not the little chap in there tht you know you'll love.

Let go, grieve, but keep it separate to keep you grounded. I found that when I cried it wasn't for the son I was goin to have but the daughter i felt I lost.

I also found letting go and having a good cry helped me to deal with it.

Hope this makes sense :hugs:

I still get moments. It's hard. Once their here im sure it'll go. It's just a long road to go still.

It's hard and it does come back to hit you now and then. Baby boy number 4 is 5 months old now. I love him and wouldn't swap him for the world. But I wish there was a girl in my life as well as my 4 boys. We are going to try one last time. I already know I'll have another boy and I accept that, but I still feel sad when I see all those pretty girl things I'll never have and people with their daughters and even those stupid "share if you love your daughter" things on Facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->