Now officially here

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I posted here before, when I was doing half formula half breastmilk with a question, but I am now officially totally here.

I ended up with an infection and sores, and can no longer handle expressing breastmilk. So I am now fully formula feeding.

HELLO!

Hi there! I'm sorry you had to give up expressing completely but you know you have us for support xx

I'm just browsing but just wanted to say you did an excellent job at BFing :) I'll be joining you here in a few months when I've got to switch to FF.

welcome to this part of the board you will get lots of advice and chat from the ladies here so ask away anytime xxxx:thumbup:

J xx

Thanks! My LO is on soy formula because any other formula makes her sick. My mom and sister were the same way. Maybe it's hereditary? Lol

Just coz soy isnt recommended before 6months. If you search for summer rain shes very good at explaining it all x

Oh. Her pediatrician actually prescribed it for her................

I will try find some threads about it and bump them up for you to read x

:wave: summer rain knows everything, good move! Holly has cows milk protein intolerance and is on Nutramigen AA - it is totally hypoallergenic and made from amino acids. Perhaps you could ask the paed if you could try a hypoallergenic formula instead of soya? Babies who cant tolerate cows milk often end up not being able to tolerate soya either, as the proteins are quite similar. Might be worth asking him to see what he says x x

I PM'ed you. Also wanted to say from personal experience the likelihood of them developing a problem with soya; after having an intolerance to milk, is very high. My youngest developed an intolerance to soya only a few weeks after I replaced all dairy in my diet with soy (and it in turn made me extremely unwell so I had to cut soy also) and my second youngest had an intolerance to dairy and shortly after having soya/soy milk instead of normal also developed the same symptoms he had with dairy. Now he has to avoid all dairy and soya ingredients, which is very difficult and harsh for a 4 year old. Also in the US most, if not all, soya is from genetically modified beans and this has been implicated in an even higher rate of allergies to it as well. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->