NT Scan tomorrow - am dying to try and guess the sex, am obsessed !

Jacey

Reaction score
I have my NT scan tomorrow at babybond and will be getting to view the baby in 3d as part of the "deal".

I'm completely obsessed with looking as hard as I can at the screen, to look for the nub to try and guess the gender!! I've read that "sometimes" its possible to see at this stage although not 100% accurate obviously, but even a teeny weeny educated guess would make my day, am I sad or what, my OH thinks I am as he clearly pointed out we are having a NT scan not a gender scan, lol he such a bore x

I WILL be posting my pics tomorrow desperately asking for opinions on gender so will forewarn you all now, dont log on :) xxx

You might be able to... have a good luck, but try not to be too disappointed if you can't... :hugs:

My two most recent scans were 1t 11.5 weeks and 15.5 weeks (not too helpful - two weeks either side of yours...). But there was NO chance of seeing at 11.5 weeks (despite cross-sectional views). At the 15.5 week scan I saw what certainly looked like VERY CLEAR boys bits: it was an NHS scan - not a gender scan - husband missed that bit and the sonographer was determined not to be too helpful... But I am 90% certain of what I saw: there is a small chance it could have been a VERY conveniently placed umbilical cord, but what I saw was pretty "text book".

The best chance you have of seeing something is on the cross-sectional views down the baby: they will often look at the head, then move down to the belly, then the thighes. If you are lucky baby will have his/her legs open (and you will see a V shape - i.e. the tops of the V are the knees). So you are interested in what is in the middle of the V. As 13.5 week, things are likely to be less developed than at 15.5 weeks... but good luck :thumbup:

QT

Thanks QT - I will be studying like mad lol x At my last NHS scan I was 11 wks and I couldnt see anything, that said I struggled to see the legs lol but they were both present & correct !!

I bet your right in that your having a boy - I dont mind what sex I just want to know !! Still main thing as my OH said is the results which we should get the following day.

Will be looking out for the V !! x
Thanks

I can't wait to find out the sex. Like you I'm not bothered either way I just want to know!

I hope my baby cooperates and let's me find out at my 20 week scan! x

ooo I am also obsessed with finding out the sex...much to the annoyance of my mother who belives it shud be a surprise left until the birth

I havent got too long to wait though...got my anomaly scan tomorrow and I am hoping to find out then :o)

xx.

i was told at my NT scan ( had it done private tho ) that at 12 weeks they can 80% tell the accuracy of the gender.. i was told im having a boy. will find out on weds if they where right! xx

You can not tell from a 4d pic even if you see a nub unless the baby is flat on its back as its the angle of the nub in relatin to the spine that determines the sex , have a look on in gender they are a website that has sonographer on there that will look at your scan pics and give you there opinion . try and get a flat on the back profile pic with nub seen if poss . good luck its a lovely experience , but i am still none the wiser after mine so waiting for the 20 week scan as its driving me nuts trying to guess the sex xxx

thanks everyone, some good advice there xx My baby had better co-operate tomorrow otherwise he / she is in trouble lol x

Will enjoy the experience regardless but will be studying like mad on my return ! x

i was told @13+6
i was having a boy, she seemed REALLY confident on that
BUT....... i will get confirmed at 20wk scan
i really wouldn mind at all if gender was changed to girl lol
be shocked but over the moon too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member