• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

NTNP for rest of 2017

drudai

Reaction score
Hey ladies. I was on here for my entire pregnancy in 2013. That 9 months felt like a lifetime. And here I am, four years later, talking about number 2!

DS wasn't exactly a surprise. I had a surge of baby-fever during ovulation and wham bam, thank you sam. Missed my next period.

He'll be four this year and my bump buddy from pregnancy forums just had her surprise pink #2 last month. Been jealous since her pregnancy announcement, :lol:. DH and I at first joked about #2 and slowly it's became asking what gender we thought they'd, and their name...

Anyway, scheduled to have my IUD removed June 30th. I haven't had a period since March of '14 because of it. A little bit of spotting, but not enough to track. I have no idea what my cycle is anymore, but it has always been text book.

I weighed 150 when Mirena was placed Jan of '14 and am currently 165-170 fluctuating. I'm tall, 5'8, so it's not really noticeable, but I can't stand it. I'm certain Mirena is the cause of my steady weight gain and frequent migraines.

Current goals:
- quitting all caffeine
- getting weight under 160 before conception
- baby dance more, since there's been a decline of sex life in our settled routine
- stealthily buy wipes, diapers and gender neutral baby clothes :haha:

Talk to me about your stories!!

How exciting! And welcome back! We are currently actively TTC, but if it doesn't work out this month probably shifting to NTNP.

This is our 4th cycle, and if we still have no luck I think we both need a little break. Plus DF is headed back to grad school in the fall, and I've got some extra pounds I wouldn't mind losing as well.

Question - in your experience with NTNP, how do you stay relaxed about it? When we first started TTC we told ourselves that we were NTNP...but I was definitely still watching out for every little symptom. How do you define the difference? Just curious!

Hello, welcome. :flower:

With #1, we really didn't plan ahead of time. It was a, oh hey I'm in the mood and it's like mid cycle, I bet we could get pregnant! I didn't even think anything of it until day of my missed period...

This time I'm nervous as hell - I don't know when my cycle is starting, wondering if my body is the same as before... I am just so nervous!! For the first month, I'm gonna be active with ovulation tests (just cheap dollar tree ones) and using period tracker again.

Hubs seems convinced we'll be pregnant round 1 again. :doh:

Hi! We too practice NTNP. We started in January and fell pregnant in May (we actually were being careful in May because we were scheduled to be in Cancun this week) Pregnancy was actually the last thing on my mind... I found out on June 1st and we ended up having to cancel our trip. Unfortunately I miscarried this past Sunday at 6 weeks :( Worst week of my life. The doctor gave us the OK to start trying again in a couple of cycles so I guess we will just go with the flow again.
I'm hoping it doesn't take as long this time but t'm so scared though because I don't wanna go through this again.

Well, fx'd it goes as smoothly this time! But I also wouldn't be surprised if it takes a little longer to get the swing of your cycle this time around, too.

I'm such a Type A person I think I'm going to have a hard time relinquishing all my tools once we do decide to take NTNP break :brat: :laugh2:

Welcome, Zoe. I'm so sorry to hear about your mc. I hope you are finding peace in healing. On a semi-relevant note, my son is on the autism spectrum, and OH and I are terrified of #2 having similar or worse condition. It's definitely big on my fears of ttc. Mc is up there too. I had a mmc when I was 18 but didn't really hit me emotionally. Scared this time.

Crazy how we want to love a little booger so much and at the same time fear them being taken from us.

And Gemini, you never know. Skip one day and completely fall off the wagon of keeping track? That's how I am, haha... I'm not very strict with myself.

Well, I decided to use one of my $1 ovulation tests today. IUD isn't out for 2 more weeks, but I wanted to be familiar with them. I woke up this morning having that feeling like. :haha: And what do you know, got 2 lines. Good too know that I am!

If my cycle stays regular, maybe I'll be pregnant this time next month?

😅 Don't know what OH would think about that so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"