NTNP my arse!

hanfromman

Reaction score
I don't know why I say I'm NTNP cos I kind of am trying! I'm not doing ovulation tests or anything, but somehow I always initiate sex on specific days, and now in the TWW (I think) I am overthinking everything!
Today should be 7 days before period is due and I've been feeling very slight cramps but I think these are just my subconscious, because I know implantation cramps could happen around now!
I have a very lively toddler to look after and usually time goes so quick, the weeks just wizz by, but now it's going sooooo slow!
The worst thing is, I've only had one period as I am still breastfeeding, so I don't even know how regular they will be and I don't know for sure when I ovulated! So I might not even be in the TWW! But I don't want to do the whole ovulation test thing as I don't want to get to stressed and obsessed as that could stop us conceiving!
:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

It's very hard to truly NTNP when you are aware of what your body is doing!

Haha! I feel the same. Every time we do it I think "this could be it"!

This is so funny! Because I am exactly the same!! :blush:

I agree hard not to try if you know what is going on! However I recommend temping. This way you do not have to spend $$ every month to track your cycle and you can know you ovulated 24-48 hours before your temp rise. From there you'll know if the timing was good. Also, you have a better idea when AF is really due. Once you been doing it a while most develop a pattern and if you really want to start you can plan accordingly. The ovulation kits help especially if you do not have a pattern and your cycles are erratic. Many believe they are worth it. I suggest unless you really really trying to temp 1st. Temping tells you after ovulation has happened, it can help you predict it but kinda keeps it a mystery...

Although we are not TTC until the winter time, I've taken a few peeks at the NTNP forums and I'm always so surprised to see such detailed inquiries about ovulation, timing, AF, pregnancy tests, etc. It sure doesn't seem like a "more relaxed approach" to me! You're not the only one over-thinking things, hanfromman :) As some of the ladies mentioned, it's almost impossible not to be trying when you are secretly hoping it'll happen any day now.

Completely agree ladies, I'm exactly the same! I know my cycles and body really well after TTC for my 1st so now even though I'm NTNP I know when I'm ovulating so bound to try and initiate sex around that time :rofl:

Haha I'm also technically ntnp... But that's totally not the case, more like I'm trying and OH is not preventing lol! I just don't let him know that I'm still secretly obsessing over ttc... And therefore it seems more laid back..... Oh the things we put ourselves through

I like to call is trying, but not planning. I did 1 cycle of TTC and it was too stressful lol (check out my signature). I like it better this way. Baby dust for us all.

We just decided to ntnp....we will see how long it is before I start looking ovulation signs again.
I haven't had a period yet since I have been exclusively breast feeding for going on 9 months...so that's a little scary but whatever.

I will def join you all too. Taking a more relaxed attitude this time though tracking cycles and opk no my body pretty well sincw last time. Not temping this time though found it very useful the first time round.
My DS is nearly 15 months still breast feeding a few times a day. My LP is only 10 days used to be 13 or 14 found this out after opk so good to know. Likely the BF cousing this. I am on anothrt thread of BF Mama's and some have got theit sticky bean with short LP so I am staying positive.

Lol I could if written that myself it's more my partner is ntnp and I'm ttc haha but he's happy with that 😋

Well my faint line is a little darker at 15 dpo. Not as dark as I would like. I first tested with my DS at 16 dpo and it was much darker. I know every pregnancy is different. I have decided to test each day with these test until it's dark enough and then test with clear blue or frer.
I am just staying positive and going to make my Dr's appointment.
My only real symptoms were sharpe stabbing pains in left side 7/8dpo massive mood swing around the same time my poor partner got an ear full lol. Yesterday slightly tender breast and that's it really.
Just staying positive ladies. Thanks for your support.

Attachments

• SI_20141029_085209.jpg
    SI_20141029_085209.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member