Nuchal fold scan and blood tests

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by colsy, Apr 6, 2009.

1. colsy

colsy Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns

I have a private nuchal fold scan and associated blood tests coming up soon. Can somebody who's had this done tell me how long it takes to get the results? I am guessing that the bloods have to be sent off to the lab, but I am hoping that they can give me a rough idea based just on the nuchal fold itself and that they can do that during the scan. Is that right?

2. abigail_71

abigail_71 Well-Known Member

My clinic said I could go in in the morning for the blood test and have a scan late afternoon and get a full result the same day.

I couldn't do that so they posted me a blood pack (as the clinic is a long way away) and the local private hospital is taking the blood tomorrow, I post it and get a full result at the scan next week. (Midwife originally said she would take the blood then rang and said she wasn't covered for it....so have to pay £14.50 for blood to be taken privately).

I expect it varies though.....

3. baby.love

baby.love Guest

If you are going private you should get results the same day, i have to wait 10 days as mine is on the NHS

4. abigail_71

abigail_71 Well-Known Member

Did you have a 12 week NT scan on the NHS Baby.love? Don't have it down here.......just the 3 in 1 at 16 weeks which the midwife said only 60% effective.

5. baby.love

baby.love Guest

Yeah had the nuchal scan & bloods done today on the NHS

6. jennifer34rn

jennifer34rn mom of 5

I was told the results of the neck measurement during the u/s and I got the blood results about 4 days later. Im gonna do it again this pregnancy,it put my mind at ease