Nuchal fold scan and blood tests

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
I have a private nuchal fold scan and associated blood tests coming up soon. Can somebody who's had this done tell me how long it takes to get the results? I am guessing that the bloods have to be sent off to the lab, but I am hoping that they can give me a rough idea based just on the nuchal fold itself and that they can do that during the scan. Is that right?

My clinic said I could go in in the morning for the blood test and have a scan late afternoon and get a full result the same day.

I couldn't do that so they posted me a blood pack (as the clinic is a long way away) and the local private hospital is taking the blood tomorrow, I post it and get a full result at the scan next week. (Midwife originally said she would take the blood then rang and said she wasn't covered for it....so have to pay £14.50 for blood to be taken privately).

I expect it varies though.....

If you are going private you should get results the same day, i have to wait 10 days as mine is on the NHS

Did you have a 12 week NT scan on the NHS Baby.love? Don't have it down here.......just the 3 in 1 at 16 weeks which the midwife said only 60% effective.

Did you have a 12 week NT scan on the NHS Baby.love? Don't have it down here.......just the 3 in 1 at 16 weeks which the midwife said only 60% effective.

Yeah had the nuchal scan & bloods done today on the NHS

I was told the results of the neck measurement during the u/s and I got the blood results about 4 days later. Im gonna do it again this pregnancy,it put my mind at ease

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->