Nuchal fold size and gender of baby

6lilpigs

Reaction score
Another theory to keep us going lol. When you have your nuchal fold scan apparently higher measeurements without any other complication signs are meant to be boys. Now I don't know what the limits are but I thought it would be fun if we did our own mini study lol. If you have your nuchal fold measurement and you know the sex could I add it below and we'll see if theres any truth in it. If you don't know the guess then we'll see if we can have a guess!!
Gestation . Nuchal measurement . Sex . Name

12W 0D . 1,4 . Unknown . 6lilpigs .
13W 5D . 1,9 . Female . Mervs Mum .
12W 2D . 1,6 . Unknown . PicturePerfect .
13W 2D . 1,4 . ? Girl . Loiuselou .
13W 0D . 1,1 . Unknown . Bearsbaby
13W 0D . 1,3 . Unknown . Goofy .
12W 0D . 1,2 . Unknown . Happy
?W ?D . 1,0. Boy .Meels-spot
12W 0D . 1,6 . ? Boy . lilbee
13W 4D . 1,7 . Unknown . KatienSam

Interesting!

Here's mine for your little study!

Mervs Mum. 13+5. NT. 1.9mm Female.

According to my report, that measurement is BANG in the middle of the normal tolerance for the gestation.

Thankyou Mervs mum! I will add it to post 1 if thats OK then we can get a little list going.

Heres mine

12w 2d - NT 1.6mm - - sex unknown [until next week :)]

x

Ooh, this is fun! :D Here are mine:

13+2, 1.4mm, sex as yet unknown (strongly suspect girl though!)

Sounds like a good theroy ..
I didnt have a nuchal scan as they dont offer them routinely here , Only if they see a problem .
With Layla they saw hers was too thick I think over the normal range by 1.2 mm ..
Anyway she was a healthy Girl , If that helps with the theroy :) . xx .

I didnt have that scan and i dont think there is any on my scan pics anyway to indicate that. :(

can you show me where they are on my scan pics and have a guess?ones the 13 weeks scan which seems to have more info on it.

Attachments

• CCI22072008_00000ptrimmedadjust.jpg
    CCI22072008_00000ptrimmedadjust.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 9
  • CCI30092008_00000resize.jpg
    CCI30092008_00000resize.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 7
  • CCI30092008_00001resize.jpg
    CCI30092008_00001resize.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 9
Thanks ladies, so already if the boys are bigger say 2.0+ then we have a bunch of ladies due above. Especially with Mervs mums little lady being the biggest but also the oldest allowing for a little bit of extra growth!. Hmmm, very interesting :rofl: MummyMadness next time get us some measurements you blue carrier you lol.

Dragonfly I can't see it on any of your pics sorry, we are just totally in Limbo lol. I wish I'd just flamin asked at the scan now!, save me all these flamin theories:rofl:

I know me and all this blue , Literally overloaded my bedroom with blue baby bits :) .
Next scan at 18 weeks , Will have an ask about sizes so i can confirm for ya hun. xx .

I think like the nubs the nuchal fold shrinks back after a certain gestation, you could always ask the technician though if they've ever heard of it? They may know what the average boy/girl size is.

Dragonfly I can't see it on any of your pics sorry, we are just totally in Limbo lol. I wish I'd just flamin asked at the scan now!, save me all these flamin theories:rofl:

You think the least my hospital where to do if they had a policy on not telling was at least to put all the information on the scan pic so we could all have guesses :hissy: They really did cover it from all angles didnt they:rofl:

Interesting thread... Sex remains unknown but the measurement was 1.1 and was taken at 13W 0D.

You're right 6lilpigs; after 13 + 6 they no longer do nuchal scans as the fluid is reabsorbed and the test unreliable.

Sorry you can't find your measurements Dragonfly :( I have a copy in my notes of the letter the hospital sent to my GP which gives all the details of the scan; that's the only reason I know.

louiselou, have we guessed your nub picture yet? lol.

You're right 6lilpigs; after 13 + 6 they no longer do nuchal scans as the fluid is reabsorbed and the test unreliable.

Sorry you can't find your measurements Dragonfly :( I have a copy in my notes of the letter the hospital sent to my GP which gives all the details of the scan; that's the only reason I know.

*Is thinking of breaking into doctors office to steal notes*

Ok is now thinking she will need something to fill in boredom that wont land her in jail.

*Is thinking of breaking into doctors office to steal notes*

Ok is now thinking she will need something to fill in boredom that wont land her in jail.

How about crochet? You could knit little booties! Hmm but what colour pink or blue?:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->