Nuchal Scan

Jules

Mummy of 1 Girl & 1 Boy
Reaction score
I've got my first scan next week and i've been worrying whether or not to have the nuchal scan done, this was never offered when my daughter was born.

would like to know how many of you ladies have or havent had this scan done? :flower:

Hi Jules, I'm having my first scan next week. I was offered the nuchal fold test with the dating scan..keeping everything crossed! X

I had it but would only recommend getting it if ur having the blood test done with it (they should always come as both anywhere as it's called combined screening I think) as if it's slightly higher then what ud like it can b very unreliable on it's own and can cause alot of unessasary panic xx

I can't vote yes or no yet as I've not had the scan yet. But I am having the nuchal fold test as it's not harmful to the baby and from there you can decide if you want to have any other tests. That what hubby and I decided anyway. Do that one and then if anything turns up talk about it then.

I had the nuchal translucency test this week. I am waiting for the blood tests to come back now. The nuchal was 1.1, which is very good.

I'm hoping the bloods will be good too and my overall risk will be low enough that amnio won't be recommended. I'm strongly leaning against amnio in any case, but I'm hoping it will be an easy decision and not a tough one. I'm 37, BTW.

My Dr requires it for some reason. It was a nice long look at my little baby!

I am having one done with the blood test. I didnt have one with my last pregnancy.

I had it done today & I highly recommend it - along with the blood test screening. It's completely non-invasive & is a good check. The technician will take several measurements from screen shots from the scan and provide you with the average.

I will love my baby no matter what! If my baby has down syndrome will I abort it? HELL NO!! So why does it matter? It's my baby no matter what :)

I had it but would only recommend getting it if ur having the blood test done with it (they should always come as both anywhere as it's called combined screening I think) as if it's slightly higher then what ud like it can b very unreliable on it's own and can cause alot of unessasary panic xx

Hi i_want_one
Hope you dont mind me asking a quick question: I'm having all my blood tests done this afternoon. Hopefully will have results from that before dating/NT scan. Do you think they'll be able to give me the results of the NT scan there and then or will we have to wait? Thanks x

(or if anyone else knows...)

i have been offered one but said no i agree with new mommy doesnt matter me and then if it was high would you have the anomo.. what ever that test is called where they test the fluid from around the bump? lots of high risks and only way to know for sure ..

I had it done with my son but they couldn't do it this time as the baby wouldn't stay still enough to get the measurement x

I had mine this week and got a measurement of 4.4mm (4.3mm second opinion) so very high :( am in bits and waiting for bloods to ocme back but we've decided to wait untill I'm least 15wks and have the amnio :( toughest decision I've ever had to make and wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Hi i_want_one
Hope you dont mind me asking a quick question: I'm having all my blood tests done this afternoon. Hopefully will have results from that before dating/NT scan. Do you think they'll be able to give me the results of the NT scan there and then or will we have to wait? Thanks x

(or if anyone else knows...)

hey hun,ur blood results come by letter within 2wks if everything is fine,ur nt scan results u will get there and then on the day,normally they add ur nt with ur bloods to add the correct % so they may wait until after ur scan to give u ur correct statistics xx

got mine on monday - can't do bloods as it's twins ......

I wasn't offered it at all, I don't think I would have had it anyway.

Thanks i_want_one. Well had bloods taken, only midwife forgot to inform me that I'm having the 'combined' NT scan next week, so will have the blood test with that. Praying that everything is ok, can't bare another 2 week wait... Xx

I'm having it only because I want that detailed scan. . .it's the first time my husband will get to see the baby on an ultrasound :)

If the results are bad, I'm not going to terminate. . .so it's really just to see our bub, and to be prepared if something happens to be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->