• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Nuchal translucecency scan

miss maternal

Reaction score
Have just booked my Nuchal translucency with blood test.
Has anyone else had these? I thought as im in my thirties I would get it checked. they cant be done on the same day as the bloods have to be sent off but they will do a dateing scan on 8th May and then i will have to go back on 17th may for the nuchal scan and to talk through my results.

Have also got a NHS scan booked on 14th may but not sure weather to cancel as will have one on 17th. :wacko:

Maybe give them a call & see what they suggest? Or move you scan date?

x

Yeah, Im gonna try and change my scan date to the following week but will keep it if not.
Hope you get an earlier scan if not the 3rd will soon come around. x

Do they not automatically give you a Nuchal translucency scan at around 13 weeks anyway? It's where they look at the thickness of babies neck isn't it? Atleast thats what they did at mine when I was 14 weeks.... They assess the risk of downsyndrome from that one scan and then give you the blood test. I could be wrong but that's how mine worked because by the end of the U/S, the consultant told me before I even had a test for downs that my scan went well and there looked to be no signs of any problems and she specifically mentioned downs- so I dunno. If I were you, i'd cancel because Im sure you're going to be having the same scan at the NHS appointment.

Just got back form my private scan and im 12 weeks today so actally due on 20th November. Will have to change my ticker. All was well and i saw my baby jumping around and sticking its tongue out at us! was there about 2 hours as had to have bllods taken and then nuchal scan. by this time baby had fallen asleep so had to go for a walk to try to wake it up.:dance: and had a little dance in the toilets. Will find out the results on thursday so will kepp you posted.

Daddy said he would put photos on here later for you to see of me.:headspin:

Aww I'm so glad all went well :dance:

& less days to wait for LOs day to arrive :lol:

x

Glad all went well. Looking forward to seeing your pics. :hugs:

So please all is well! Look forward to pics! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member