Nuclear Scan?

chloe85

expecting no two!!
Reaction score
Hi all not sure if I'm posting in the right area :wacko: my son has a nuclear scan next month and I haven't been told much about it by the hospital just wondering if anyone else's lo has had one? Jack has urine refluxing back up in to his kidney's and I know that's it's too see what/if permanent damage has been done I'm really nervous about it x

I think it is a dye which is injected and shows up on ultra sounds and X-ray.

I hope it goes ok xx

My 14yr old son Has urinary reflux. The put a catheter up the eye of his penis and they inject dye into it to see how far the dye refluxes up. I think that maybe what they mean.
My son did cry a little with the catheter going in but being held still destressed him the most.
My son has grade 3-4 ( 1 being mild, 5 being the worst). We are lucky that the urine never actually entered the kidney, it only goes to the outta wall, so that was great news. My son had a ultra sound 2 yrs ago and it shows he still has it, but because it doesn't enter the Kidney they don't see the point in operating and my son doesn't want an operation.

If it does enter the kidney, they will put him on antibiotics ( which he is probably already on as a precaution) and wait till he is older to see if he outgrows it, if he hasn't then they will talk about an operation to put in a working valve. Thats all it is, his valve from his bladder doesn't work so instead of it holding th urine it the bladder it refluxes back up.

All the best hun

My has the worse type of reflux and has to use a catheter to empty his bladder 2-3 hourly to prevent the reflux from occurring.

He has had hundreds of ultrasounds and X-rays and urodynamics. Needless to say, he isn't bothered by it all, but then he has been going through it from birth.

The put a catheter up the eye of his penis and they inject dye into it to see how far the dye refluxes up.

he's already had this done and is on anti b's each night before bed :) the nuclear scan is to see if there is any permanent scarring to his kidneys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->