Nude (Early) Parenting

We don't just walk around naked all the time, but my kids do still shower with me sometimes, really not landon so much anymore because he wants to do it on his own, but he isn't embarassed if i come in to be sure he washes good still. They all see me change sometimes. I am still nursing hayden smetimes so they see me do that. To them it's normal, they think boobs are for nursing. They know proper names to their parts as well as female parts and are comfortable with it all. We answer any questions they ask and don't make them feel bad about wondering. i don't see a problem with it as long as the kids aren't uncomfortable

I have never ever seen my parents naked or even half dressed and I would be soooooo embarrassed if I did. :blush: :dohh:

Brooke is only 10 weeks and at the moment I bathe in the same room as her but as soon as she gets to 2 then Ill probably stop. I dont feel the need to share the bathroom with her-although Id love the sort of open relationship Mervs_Mum has with her eldest. But I couldnt, I know I couldnt-Id be soo embarrassed!!

I never needed to ask my parents questions about body parts or anything when I was growing up-It never occured to me to ask questions about what was underneath clothes and when it did, I learnt all I needed to know in the school playground!! :lol: :muaha:
xx

It didn't really occur to me to think people weren't nude in front of their babies? I get changed, bath and when I sleep starkers and when I cuddle up with Lily she'll always have a sleepsuit on but I don't. It won't be forever but I my mum used to walk around starkers after a bath lol, just a normal thing in my house! Never saw my dad starkers thank goodness! Paul is never naked around Lily mind you. I also used to have long chats to my mum while she was in the bath and i'd sit by it and talk! Hehe I think it varies, but It make me very very angry if someone said it was child abuse!!!

I think everyone has different ways of doing it to be honest and no way is right or wrong in my opinion.

Sorry I had a titter at wearing a swimsuit when in the bath with my child:rofl:No offense intended.
Like Embo i too used to chat to my mum when she was having a bath, but never saw my dad naked.
I do wander around after a bath, getting dressed in morning etc. My oldest daughter is 10 and doesn't bother her. I do have to remind oh to cover up abit as we are aware as kids get older they may feel uncomfortable seeing their parents au 'naturelle'.
To me we are all much the same naked, I am a nurse so maybe that makes a difference! .

I don't walk around the house naked - I have too many mirrors and would just :cry: at my jelly belly everytime I walked past hehe. I do have a bath naked with Simeon, and I dress / undress when he is in the room... as does my OH. I think when he gets older my OH will start becoming concious of it and not do it as much, and I am sure I will one day in the distant future, but I don't feel it is something I or my OH should be uncomfortable about at all.

I used to see my mum naked sometimes and never thought anything of it? I have never seen my dad naked as far as I rmeember, but I am sure he would have been when I was very young, but I just don't remember it as I didn't care at the time. They used to leave the bathroom door unlocked too in our house.

x

My mom was always walking around naked and stuff, so I don't have a problem being naked around Kathryn. DH doesn't want to be totally naked too much around her, but he doesn't mind changing and getting in/out of the shower. He feels perfectly comfy in just boxers though. I usually sleep naked, so Kathryn always sees me when I wake up, sometimes I also hang around on the comp, a bit before getting dressed too. She sees me change and get in/out of the shower as well. I don't mind her or DH seeing me pee or shower either. Also we are all in one room (live with MIL) so we don't always have a choice of Kathryn seeing us naked (if she had her own room we wouldn't be naked as often, not on purpose, just since she wouldn't always be in the room with us when we're changing, etc)

I think we will just go with the flow. ATM I havent an issue with it she is so young, we bath together and I stroll around in the nude. OH does atm too but I guess its diff for men when little girls get older. I think I will carry on as I am until I see her getting uncomfortable. I remember seeing my mum nude, and I am more relaxed about my body too around female members of my family after giving birth as things weren't very dignified then. I've even relaxed about breastfeeding. I hid my boobs when I did it, around male members or my family, now I don't care and just whop them out when needed. So like I say I will just go with it, do whats natural until I see some uncomfy behaviour.

i'm like embo, and i actually have the same relationship with my mum as merv's_mum has with her eldest.

i have no problems getting dressed in front of maddi, and i often bring her in the bathroom with me whilst i shower, we have a chat! me and my mum are very open, we will still have a good chat if i'm staying there or bathing there whilst one of us is in the bath. i'm sure we both went through a stage where we had a good look (lol) but i'm completely comfortable with seeing her and her with me, though i few years ago i did mention to her i understand the need for 'designer vag' surgery! she did laugh!! and thats it, we have a good old laugh. its good because when i needed help bathing after my c-section, she helped. i was the same with my nanny, and in later life, she needed help showering, and i would do that too x

I dont think there a prob with changing and bathing naked infront of LO's but walking round the house naked i think is a bit random - then how do u explain when is the right time to take ur clothes off and when isn't??? U dont want LO going to someone elses house and stripping off :rofl:

I dont think there a prob with changing and bathing naked infront of LO's but walking round the house naked i think is a bit random - then how do u explain when is the right time to take ur clothes off and when isn't??? U dont want LO going to someone elses house and stripping off :rofl:

thats a point, i don't actually walk around naked! gosh no one needs to see that! i think i would traumatise poor maddi for life with my mummy flab :rofl:

I never saw my parents naked as a child and i am most definatley not embarassed by my body :lol:

I sometimes go from the bedroom to the kitchen naked to get something from the dryer or what ever! It's random but it's not a big deal! I wouldnt do it when we had visitors though for goodness sake!!!!!!!

i'm like embo, and i actually have the same relationship with my mum as merv's_mum has with her eldest.

i have no problems getting dressed in front of maddi, and i often bring her in the bathroom with me whilst i shower, we have a chat! me and my mum are very open, we will still have a good chat if i'm staying there or bathing there whilst one of us is in the bath. i'm sure we both went through a stage where we had a good look (lol) but i'm completely comfortable with seeing her and her with me, though i few years ago i did mention to her i understand the need for 'designer vag' surgery! she did laugh!! and thats it, we have a good old laugh. its good because when i needed help bathing after my c-section, she helped. i was the same with my nanny, and in later life, she needed help showering, and i would do that too x

:rofl:

And to add my thoughts to the scenario in general -

Im most definatley not a prude and im perfectly happy to be naked in front of my child but there is a time and a place for it and that is what i fully intend on teaching my daughter. In my house and in my lifestyle lounging around the house naked is neither the time or the place.

:rofl::rofl: i no!!! she thought it was funny thank goodness! not too offended when i said ' well mum you might not have had a baby through there (only child, i was a c-section) but its certainly seen some action :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: i no!!! she thought it was funny thank goodness! not too offended when i said ' well mum you might not have had a baby through there (only child, i was a c-section) but its certainly seen some action :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I dont have a problem with being naked, I have bathed with her etc... I dont generally walk around stark naked though LOL

Some other key points is to not joke or make fun of your baby/child when they are naked, no making weird or grossed out faces when they have a nasty pood etc... There are lots of ways to promote a healthy body image without wandering around naked.

I make gross faces at Hannah when changing her diaper :blush: and tell her she stinks :rofl:

I do change in front of Hannah but I'm not one to walk around my house with no clothes on (much to Stan's disappointment :rofl: :rofl:) Stan doesn't go naked in front of her and has never bathed with her. Not that we think she should be ashamed of the human form............but I'd rather she learned about boy bits much much much later on in life ;)

I dont even get my kit off in front of steve these days!!
I wouldnt ever ask the kids to leave the room if i was getting changed and they come in the bathroom when im having a bath (not a minutes peace!!!!) and they are more than happy to be naked so theres no issues about it in our house but i dont walk around naked unless i have to grab a towel from the bedroom or something.
They see my chest a lot because of bfeeding so they dont see anything unusual about seeing boobies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->