NUK slow flow teats too fast

babyfromgod

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
Anyone have trouble with the Nuk slow flow teats being too fast? My LO gets angry with them cause they are too fast. I gave him a ttc2n bottle straight after and he was fine

hi are you sure they are slow flow as i have the size 1 teats medium flow for 0-6month and these are way too fast

are you sure they are slow flow? and 1 hole and not 2

Hi yes i am sure they are the small hole as the pack said size 1 for breastmilk or water 0-6 months. I wish i hadn't wasted money buying NUK bottles only for him to hate them. Now my options are TTC2N, Avent and MAM

Hi yes i am sure they are the small hole as the pack said size 1 for breastmilk or water 0-6 months. I wish i hadn't wasted money buying NUK bottles only for him to hate them. Now my options are TTC2N, Avent and MAM

hi like i said i have the trouble with the medium ones beig too fast i got with the bottle.. i bought them because i was using the sma starter pack which had the nuk teats and she was great on them so thats why i bought nuk

now i bought the wide neck bottles and ive just had an email from nuk saying that i needed to have bought the standard bottles they do and not thewide neck ones not sure why that would be any different tho but kinda makes sense as there would be a wider teat hence more milk in it

do you have the wide neck or the normal?

Will be watching this thread as I have bought Nuk bottles for our new baby to use when she is here. They come with Medium flow teats that are supposed to be fine from birth if using formula, but I have also bought some Slow slow and Fast flow teats aswell incase the medium is not right for her. They are the wide-neck silicone teat ones. xxx

Will be watching this thread as I have bought Nuk bottles for our new baby to use when she is here. They come with Medium flow teats that are supposed to be fine from birth if using formula, but I have also bought some Slow slow and Fast flow teats aswell incase the medium is not right for her. They are the wide-neck silicone teat ones. xxx

i would say the medium will be too fast for you too... my baby is 8 weeks and it pours out her mouth and she gags on the rest... im using the avent 2 hole teat and she is ok on those but she even struggled with the one hole when she was only few weeks as she couldnt suck very strong

Yes our NUK bottles choke her up but I only have 3 we just put them up for later we use Avent bottles with sz 1 nipples and they work great!! :)

Mmmmmmm. Think Im gonna go with dr browns bottles now. I bought a couple as a back up incase baby didnt take to nuk but I think it will be best to start if with the dr browns and if she likes them, sell my nuk ones. xxx

I really like the cute patterns on the NUK ones but oh well. We are using MAM ones now and they are pretty cute too and don't drown him lol

Anyone have trouble with the Nuk slow flow teats being too fast? My LO gets angry with them cause they are too fast. I gave him a ttc2n bottle straight after and he was fine

Hi there. We’re sorry to hear that your LO hasn’t got on with the NUK teats. Are you using the wide neck teats? Have you tried using the standard neck teats as these are known to have a slower flow and are also available with a small feed hole which would definitely be worth a try. We would be very happy to send you a bottle and some different teats for you to try. Glad to hear you like our patterns! Let me know about the product and we can arrange to get your address. From Anya on behalf of NUK.

i have found the nuk latex teats to be really good for my bf baby, they were the only ones he liked!

its such a shame that the bigger bottles don't come with latex teats. at the mo i am using the 5oz bottles but soon he will need the bigger bottles and then i am going to have to buy latex teats even though they come with silicone ones!!

are you using silicone or latex?

i have found the nuk latex teats to be really good for my bf baby, they were the only ones he liked!

its such a shame that the bigger bottles don't come with latex teats. at the mo i am using the 5oz bottles but soon he will need the bigger bottles and then i am going to have to buy latex teats even though they come with silicone ones!!

are you using silicone or latex?

I’m afraid we only offer silicone teats on our First Choice bottles up to 10oz/300ml. The First Choice Latex teats come as standard on our glass bottles sizes 120ml and 240ml and our large standard neck bottle size 240ml.

Twinpack Latex teats for the First Choice 300ml bottles are available to purchase from our shop in the following sizes:

- First Choice Size 1 Small Hole
- First Choice Size 1 Medium Hole
- First Choice Size 1 Large Hole
- First Choice Size 2 Small Hole
- First Choice Size 2 Medium Hole
- First Choice Size 2 Large Hole

You can find our shop by putting NUK baby shop UK into a search engine. Hope this is helpful.

Anya on behalf of NUK

I have also found the same problem i was using avent but me LO was struggling with adapting with breast and avent teats so i thought i would give NUK bottles a try because of the shape of the teats and the claim that its as close as breast feeding but the mill just gushes out of the teats and most of the milk is wasted on top my LO almost choking due to the very fast flow. Certainly not for 0-6 months. Very dissapointed with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->