Numb and tingling leg?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by LJaydow, Jan 28, 2011.

1. LJaydow

LJaydow Jack, Elizabeth

My midwife told me a few weeks back that I had SPD, and advised I wear a support belt etc. It has not been too bad, but today things seem a lot worse.

I bent down to pick something up and when I stood up there was a sharp pain in my hip or just above it. A little while later my leg went numb and tingled, and during the rest of the day it was uncomfortable and felt like I had cramp.

It is hurting constantly as is my pelvis, and I'm wondering whether this is related to the SPD? I am finding it hard to walk properly, and the pain is constant at the moment.

Thank you for your help!

2. Mum2#1

Mum2#1 Well-Known Member

Hi hun, didn't wanna read & run.
    Yeah, that definately sounds like SPD to me. I have severe SPD & it isn't nice, and funnily enough I find it even more painful when I have a full bladder!
    Getting out of bed, and changing positions in bed is always a real struggle for me & sometimes (most of the time) OH has to drag me around because of the pain around my pelvis & top of my thighs. It's not very nice.
    There isn't really a treatment for SPD, some people get their midwifes to refer them to someone, but I only have 2 weeks to go & have just dealt with it!
    Hope it calms down for you :flower:

3. madcatwoman

madcatwoman Well-Known Member

I have trouble with my hips at night. But i do also have partly what you describe here. If i stand for long periods of time my hip and the side of my leg(just below) goes numb, then tingles, then its ok again, this happens alot!

4. LJaydow

LJaydow Jack, Elizabeth

I think it must be SPD related, as last night I could barely turn over or walk. Going to see on Monday if I can be referred for physio or something as its not getting better :(