Numb and tingling leg?

LJaydow

Jack, Elizabeth
Reaction score
My midwife told me a few weeks back that I had SPD, and advised I wear a support belt etc. It has not been too bad, but today things seem a lot worse.

I bent down to pick something up and when I stood up there was a sharp pain in my hip or just above it. A little while later my leg went numb and tingled, and during the rest of the day it was uncomfortable and felt like I had cramp.

It is hurting constantly as is my pelvis, and I'm wondering whether this is related to the SPD? I am finding it hard to walk properly, and the pain is constant at the moment.

Thank you for your help!

Hi hun, didn't wanna read & run.
Yeah, that definately sounds like SPD to me. I have severe SPD & it isn't nice, and funnily enough I find it even more painful when I have a full bladder!
Getting out of bed, and changing positions in bed is always a real struggle for me & sometimes (most of the time) OH has to drag me around because of the pain around my pelvis & top of my thighs. It's not very nice.
There isn't really a treatment for SPD, some people get their midwifes to refer them to someone, but I only have 2 weeks to go & have just dealt with it!
Hope it calms down for you :flower:

I have trouble with my hips at night. But i do also have partly what you describe here. If i stand for long periods of time my hip and the side of my leg(just below) goes numb, then tingles, then its ok again, this happens alot!

I think it must be SPD related, as last night I could barely turn over or walk. Going to see on Monday if I can be referred for physio or something as its not getting better :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->