Number three, how did you decide?

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
DH and I are really stuck on whether or not we want to have a third. Things are perfect for us, but we wonder if they could perhaps be even more perfect.

For those of you who have been in our position, how did you make up your mind about whether to have another baby?

xo

We are still on the fence about having a third right now. I think we'll more seriously decide after our wedding this summer.

I'm exactly the same. We have two gorgeous girls with 22 months apart. My youngest will be 3 in July. We are officially free of all the baby things and now we've both suddenly become broody! Its a very tough decision and we're waiting to try (for now) because there are a few important things happening at the moment which we don't want hanging over us, during a pregnancy etc. Still undecided at the moment, but I'd love to hear other peoples input.

XX

This is exactly what brought me back to this forum! I thought we would definitely on have 2 but now started to question if we could have one more! DD1 will be 3 next week and DD 2 is 20 months. I don't think we would start to try for at least a year but I just feel like I need to know if we will or not.

Another one feeling the same as well! My DH is adamant no more and I know we always wanted 2 and the sensible option would be 2 but I cant shake the feeling of wanting a third. I'm going to reevaluate when DS2 is 1, give the hormones time to get out of my body :haha:

I have 2 boys, aged 14 months and nearly 3. We've been thinking about number 3 for a while (since DS2 was about a week old) and we've decided to go for it now that my cycle had returned after breastfeeding my youngest. I'm still a bit nervous about some things, but overall I'm excited. Hopefully I'll be able to report back with a positive story in 9 months :)

After our second we decided we wanted a third. I was just coming round to the idea that actually we might be done with two when I found out that I was pregnant already. Our third is now 5 weeks old and I can't imagine him not being here already. I think you just know what's right for you and your family whether that's two or three

I'm feeling the same as well (also what brought me back to this forum). I always felt like I'd only want 2 kids but now that both my girls are here (and getting a little older), I feel like I want another one. My DD1 is 6 and DD2 is about to turn 2. I'd really like to try again for a boy (but would also be happy with another girl). DH originally said he didn't want anymore, but now he makes comments about having another baby sometimes...Don't know what to do :wacko:...As another poster said, logically we should be done at 2 but I don't want to be.

Anxious to hear other posters!

My family just doesn't feel 'done' yet! I think 3 is just the right number for us :)

I'm in the same boat as Well except I feel very strongly that I want a third and DH fees very strongly that he doesn't. I'll be completely honest that I'm already getting very broody but if we did decided to try again it wouldn't be till the end/middle of next year. I want to finish up my nursing degree before we add another little one so here I am just waiting my and dreaming :haha:

OP here, TBH a lot of it is financial and/or practical for us. We would give the matter no second thought, and would absolutely have a third, if we knew it wouldn't push us to the limit financially.

But the worry and questions pile up... How could we fit three car seats in our car? We have a 2 YO and 1 YO, and their two car seats take up the whole backseat as is. Would we have to get another car? How could we afford all the extra high-risk pregnancy monitoring I'll need, and my C-section, with the crappy insurance we have? How will we ever be able to afford family vacations with five plane tickets to purchase? How would we ever afford private school?

OP here, TBH a lot of it is financial and/or practical for us. We would give the matter no second thought, and would absolutely have a third, if we knew it wouldn't push us to the limit financially.

But the worry and questions pile up... How could we fit three car seats in our car? We have a 2 YO and 1 YO, and their two car seats take up the whole backseat as is. Would we have to get another car? How could we afford all the extra high-risk pregnancy monitoring I'll need, and my C-section, with the crappy insurance we have? How will we ever be able to afford family vacations with five plane tickets to purchase? How would we ever afford private school?

All these things cross my mind, too...These are also our biggest reasons for worrying about having another baby...My goal is to be able to become a WAHM so I can be home with the kids (which cuts back on our biggest expensive--childcare), but I'll have to find something I can do at home that will bring in enough income. Finances are my DH's biggest concern, too...He says he's not sure if he wants another baby or not but he says if money wasn't an issue, he'd be all for it. :nope:

I feel ya!

I am currently a WAHM and I tell ya, it's nuts. I wake up at 5:30 and work until the kids wake at 7:30, then again from 11:00-1:00 when they nap, and then again after they go to bed at 7:30 pm. How in the world would I manage this with 3? It was hard enough to get DD and DS napping on the same schedule.

We're considering it - but not entirely sure!

When I was pregnant I was convinced that LO was the last but I got really broody really quickly.
It's faded a little now but I still don't feel like our family is totally complete.

We're going to decide whether to have a small age gap and have one more, or have a 4-5 year age gap and have 2 more, the same age gap as we have with our son and daughter.

It's hard, we'd need a new car and would have to either move house or make them share a room.

Although I'd be very nervous of getting PND again which is something that very strongly puts me against another baby!

Zill, the good news is that with every pregnancy it starts over and so maybe the PND wouldn't hit? Did you have it with both kiddos? I had it too, but had friends who had it much worse, I can't even imagine.

What are you leaning toward with the age gap?

Only my second - I think it was because I was having problems with OH/ we were trying to organise a wedding/OH had started a new job and was stressed out and a bit busier than normal. So maybe we'd get away with it with a third!

I'd really like a 4-5 age gap and then 2 more but OH might take convincing!

Any further thoughts on number 3 for you?x

Im not sure if it was after I got pregnant with DS2 or shortly after he was born that I felt I would love to have the third one. But I also feel that if we decite not tomhave the third I will be able to accept it, even if I am as Broody as hell right now!
DH was so not wanting th third but has been coming around and now we will think about it in about a years time :)

Zilla, I think we are both onboard but it's just the timing we are not sure about. Really don't know how to tell when it's the right time!

Hi all..

I have a little girl who is 3 1/2 called Daisy and a little boy aged 18 months Alfie. My husband was all for having a vasectomy, but hes suddenly become very broody...as have i. We are going to wait until august and then start to try, my daughter will be at school full time next sep, and my son will be at nursery so i think timing wise all will be good. Just hope we are lucky enough to be blessed with another little darling :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->