Numbness remaining after spinal anesthetic?

Heavenx

Reaction score
I had a spinal anesthetic for my planned c-section on 22nd September, the spinal was administered without any problems, the only thing I recall is an electric shock feeling just above my knee cap on my left leg, I don't know whether this has anything to do with the fact that my ass is still numb lol? I have pins & needles/numbness and aching in my coxic/tail bone and the top of both buttocks which hasn't eased off since the op 2weeks ago. My GP hasn't explained why I have this feeling, all he says is that it may last for months.

Has anyone else experienced numbness remaining anywhere after a spinal? How long did it last for?

:hugs:hey hun I had to have 2 the first one was crap and I remember my left leg getting shocked, about and hour afterward I have to ask for gas and air again so they came and did another epi that worked really well but on coming home I felt crap my back really hurt and standing for a period of time made me shakey I cant remember having numbness long afterward, have a wors with the mw when she comes round. hope you feel better soon hun

Hi,
I have had the exact same thing happen to me! Mind you, i only had my C section a week ago, but i still found it really odd. I am off to the GP tomorrow to get it checked.
Like you, mine is just above my bottom, and when i called the aneathesist, he said that she doesn't think it's anything to worry about, but look out for any signes of infection (fever, fatigue etc...). You can get an MRI to be sure, but i would go and see your GP again to be sure.
So annoying i know! Not only are we dealing with c sections and newborns, but dodgy epidurals as well!

Put your minds at ease girls my ass is still numb 5 months after lol its horrible but funny as hubby likes to slap my ass form time to time and I just giggle ..It will go away on its own so dont worry ..drink loads so you can pee it out of your system ..also green tea helps clean your system out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->