Nursery/childminder

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by laura1991, Jun 3, 2011.

1. laura1991

laura1991 Mummy to Lily

Whats the best way to find childminders in my local area? i have no idea where to start!

2. RJsMum

RJsMum Mommy of RJ

I found mine using the direct.gov website. Not sure offhand of the link, but we searched in the area close to DH's work rather than our home since DH would be the one to pick up/drop off.

3. Elski

Elski Well-Known Member

I'm a regular at the local Sure Start groups so I asked for recommendations from the staff there as there are childminders who take the children they look after to the groups so the staff know them. A lot of Sure Start centres (if not all) also have a folder listing all local minders, with contact details and a little picture and biog etc....

4. Roxie

Roxie Expecting #3

oppertunitylinks are good when looking for childcare

5. ellismum

ellismum Ellis' mum!!

I'm on my phone at the moment so can't link properly but there is a section on the direct.gov website which lists all registered nurseries and Childminders local to you along with fees, ratings, ratios ect. It's very comprehensive and should have all you need. Its how we found ours.