Nursery deco question..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by nkbapbt, Oct 21, 2008.

1. nkbapbt

nkbapbt Double Preemie Momma

Is anyone else leaning towards doing a more modern nursery?

I really like the graphic prints for baby blankets, with bold, clean lines...the well less baby'ish stuff. I would like to paint the nursery with more modern colours, and a simple mural. Sort of like this one, but not this design:

Wall Mural

My husband on the other hand likes the real baby'ish stuff...Disney..that sort of thing. And while that's lovely, it's really not my taste.

:muaha:

I want to compromise..a little. So I was thinking of sticking to my guns on the blankets and style of the wall mural, but having more his style/taste for the touches (pillows, drapes, toys).

What do you think? And has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks ladies.

2. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

I was really stuck on what to do with my nursery, normally im so for the whole "modern" thing but theres so little nursery stuff in that style, i decided to go with modern but classic, neutrals and minimal.

Ive seen some lovely modern nurseries though, merv's mum got some gorgeous vinyls for the wall in Hebe's nursery!!

3. nkbapbt

Are there pictures any where?

4. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

that mural is stunning, i love stuff like that my oh loves all the cutsey stuff we havent started the nursery yet so i think there might be rows

5. pinkmac85

pinkmac85 Mom & pregnant with #2

Thats a gorgeous mural, although it's not really my style, I am more into the 'babyish' themes but that is gorgeous!!

6. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

7. nkbapbt

Thanks PP!

I love the idea this woman had with her nursery...she did a simple tree and then changes the leafs with the seasons outside! Very creative!

Cool Tree Nursery

The new place we are trying to buy..the nursery window looks out on to a lovely tree. Like the branches look like they are coming in the window, so I thought it would be a cool idea to continue them into the room to give the "outdoors coming indoors" look. And have birds in the branches...

I LOVE this decal:

https://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/cooldolt/SpiralTree.jpg

8. VicLl

VicLl Pregnant with 2nd baby

9. nkbapbt

10. codex

codex Well-Known Member

I am doing modern as well. Mostly chocolate tones and some crisp whites. I love modern designs.

11. maddiwatts19

maddiwatts19 Guest

mines neutrals and the classic whinnie the pooh designs! :D
    havent started painting yet but clothes/ blankets/ sheets etc are all like that!
    good luck deciding and have fun :D x

12. mrscookie

mrscookie Mama and expecting

mine is neutrals too but it has a teddy design. Its all creams browns and beiges
    xx

13. Tiff

Tiff LIKE A BOSS

I'm the same as you... I don't want really "babyish" stuff in the nursery. P and I went with Wall Talk, which are neat little inspirational sayings that you can put on the wall.

We have "Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow" already, and I think we're also going to do "Oh, the places you'll go! ~ Dr Suess" as well.

14. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

Ooooo pretty mural. So simple to do :D I would have fun making that! As for deco I am the one who does it all. My hubby could careless what design I do for the room lol Unless we have a boy? Maybe he would have some idea's

15. lillys_mummy

lillys_mummy pregnant, 1 dd, and 1 mc

I dont like disney but i did my firsts all babyish like teddys and stuff, now its all in the night garden nd im afraid there sharing a room lol

16. Neecee

Neecee Guest

Mine has neutral base colour, but we're using navy blue, brown and silver as accents, instead of the usual baby blue. He's gonna be in our room, so we wanted something that we could co-ordinate with easily too.

17. Bearsbaby

Bearsbaby Well-Known Member

I'm going modern and neutral, using tones of brown and cream. Found some great ideas on the internet and copied some images to show DH - he liked them too. Trouble is I've got to make everything to co-ordinate myself and I can't even find any decent material out here :hissy:

18. nkbapbt

I love it! Do you have an examples yet? Or when you do...please please post!

19. nkbapbt

Thats a great idea. We are going to do something a long those lines as well.

20. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

Something like this? If you didn't want to paint one, search for 'wall stickers' on ebay. :)

https://Scripps-Content.CommunicationsMgr.com/pcsupload/c56f79eb-54f5-4540-beb0-1e3ad853324a_player.jpg