Nursery furniture show me yours!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by berry26, Nov 14, 2011.

1. berry26

berry26 Well-Known Member

I did fall in love with this set from before I was pregnant!

https://www.preciouslittleone.com/p...mbini-alexia-5-piece-furniture-set---vanilla/

But then due to cost ans me changing my mind and wanting a white set, I found this (this is a mamas and papas set sold in argos)

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...archtext>GREAT+DEALS+ON+NURSERY+FURNITURE.htm

which is very similar if not the same as this set on the mamas and papas website which is on sale for £599 but the original price was £999 and argos are selling it for £449.99!

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-fern-white-cottoddler-bed/cbfe02700/type-i/

Anyway I am very excited as our nursery is being painted a gorgeous pale blue in the next few weeks and carpeted so I am on the verge of ordering the furniture!

And I love seeing what other people have picked! So come on ladies so me yours! :happydance: xxx

2. mrsthomas623

mrsthomas623 MommyToNolanAndPregnant!

3. berry26

Oh wow that is gorgeous! I love the chest of draws! So much room!

4. Babyvoisey

Babyvoisey Well-Known Member

5. trudie100

trudie100 Well-Known Member

6. Babyvoisey

7. berry26

Ahh all gorgeous choices! I did like that mamas and papas set too trudie. And that toys r us set is beautiful too. I'm getting really excited now we are actually moving ahead with the nursery! X

8. Gem_Clem

Gem_Clem Well-Known Member

berry 26 you have picked exactly the same 2 as I did! lol I thought about the mamas & papas one first but it has really bad reviews on argos then I found the tutti bambini one, its gorgeous

9. berry26

Beautiful cot no drama mama! I'm just itching to order it now! But with all the decorating going on! I will have nowhere to store it! X

10. berry26

Yeah I read through the reviews and they mostly moan about the colour of the furniture being more orange looking. But as I'm going for the white set I am not worried :)

11. Ashlee B x

Ashlee B x Teejay N Kaycie

Babyvoisey ~ defo think that will look soo cute for a boy :)

I love all your choices!
    my mum is gettin me a sleigh cot (she wants to get it in pink tho but i want pine colour lol) like this one
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lowest-P...Nursery_Furniture_ET&var=&hash=item6d70da212a

Ive already got a 7 drawer chest of drawers which is huge which is doubling up as change table as its perfect height for me and exact same width as a change mat hehe jus double the length!

12. Babyvoisey

Thanks Hun! That's sleigh cot is cheap!!! I like it loads!! Everything seems to be really dear :( x

13. berry26

Ashlee that is a gorgeous cot :)

Yup everything seems expensive dosent it?

Some people say babies don't need much and then others say baby is expensive!

14. Babyvoisey

I find myself forking out loads for this baby lol!! X

15. Ashlee B x

Yeah i no haha ive been hunting everywhere n forgot to look on ebay lol cheap as chips even with mattress (169) cant go wrong lol. i do loooove this set from ikea (DS has table n chairs that go with this but we already had hsi furniture before we see it lol)
    https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/series/11779/

I like it as its like statement furiniture, esph if u have plain walls or light blue hehe

16. berry26

That is so cute Ashlee, perfect like you said for plain walls, ahh so many choices lol x

17. LaRockera

LaRockera Well-Known Member

We thought we wouldn't order anything before the third trimester, but how can one resist this absolute BARGAIN?

https://www.mothercare.com/Humphreys-Corner-3-piece-collection-only/dp/B004ZK4GHO?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=547671031&sr=1-1&qid=1321281344&pf_rd_r=1X827Q7ZZVAH1ZA60D16&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=547671031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

They offer the whole cotbet-dresser/changer/wardrobe set from £1000 to £550! We love this whitish ivory colour, the quality was great (we saw the bed in store), and the cotbed turns into an actual kiddies (up to 6 years maybe?) actual bed afterwards.

We only had to pay 10% and we can pay the rest when and how we want it until they deliver them to us (we arranged for early January, but I think you got about 6 months to pay back).

:thumbup:

18. Ashlee B x

Haha yeah defo agree too much choice sumtimes lol. I think you have to have an idea in your head of the type/style you want and then go and have a look at a few of that style in store and see how it looks/feels and if it would fit in the space you have. i find if i do that i always change my mind neway haha but worth lookin around a few shops and get a good idea of everything

19. erikab922

erikab922 Well-Known Member

Does sending you a pic of the corner of my home office between bookshelves and a shredder count? 'Cause that's the closest our LO will get to having a nursery ;) You guys are all so lucky, your nursery choices look great!