Nursery furniture

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by weebubbles, Apr 5, 2009.

1. weebubbles

weebubbles Mummy

Those who have bought their nursery furniture, just wondering where you all bought it from and a rough cost. I have been looking today and all the nice stuff seems soo expensive

x

2. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

We got ours from babies r us and target :) We spent around 750-800 on the furniture

3. NIfirsttimer

NIfirsttimer Proud mum, new wife & WTT

im getting mine from mothercare.. the newhaven cot bed which is about £150, and the beech dreeser that matches, think its about £130.. we have a set of drawers that are almost new, and the same wood, so are adding them to it, and giving her a rail inside our sliderobes for now!

4. Caramel

Caramel Mummy to a cheeky monkey

We got ours from John Lewis hun, but only because we'd saved the vouchers we were given as wedding presents - so I'm not much help to you, sorry. But mothercare online do have a sale on at the moment, www.mothercare.co.uk, then click on offers. Perhaps you'll get a bargain there? I've just gotten all the cot bedding I'd been wanting with 20% off. Good luck xx

Edit: Ours cost £215 for the cot and £137 for the mattress (we picked the most expensive mattress though), which inlaws kindly paid for, then it was £215 for the chest of drawers and £318 for the wardrobe. That's all we've gone for. We did get a glider chair off of ebay which was in excellent condition for £60, and I got a little table in ikea for £15 so I could have a lamp, and use it for drinks etc. when breastfeeding.

5. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

Ikea, but im cheap. lol.
    Mothercare do lovely things, so do argos, toys r us.
    mammas and pappas factory outlet

6. Tsia

Tsia My MyloMan - he turned 1!

i have spent £12 ON A SWINGING CRIB AND NOTHING ON AN OLD UNIT i TRANSFORMED INTO A BAY CHANGING UNIT. (oops caps soz)
    theres no room for a wardrobe so baby clothes are hanging up with mine at the mo.
    I wanna get something like a wall mountable unti and put a pole in there so its like a mini wardrobe on the wall. That would save loadsa money and space.

7. Char&Bump-x

Char&Bump-x Me and her

I'm not buying any because its so bloody expensive! I'm just buying a cheap(ish) canvas wardrobe, this: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001501/partNumber/8759195.htm and nothing else, im also buying the cheapest cot Argos have, at £50 something. I dont have a lot to spend on furniture, and though its nice to look at i'd like to spend my money on things my princess will need more :) x

8. Waiting4Baby

Waiting4Baby Well-Known Member

My husband is building everything. He's outside working on a cradle as I type this. He's also going to make the crib and dresser. I'll be making the bedding for the crib and cradle, and the curtains for the nursery. Hopefully I don't screw it up. :blush: I have a rocker that I guess counts as nursery furniture, but it was given to me by a friend of ours.

So, in short, we're not buying any furniture. Unless you count trips to Lowe's for lumber.

9. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

10. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

11. Kim T

Kim T Well-Known Member

We bought our crib in Babies R Us.
    Luckily we have a walk-in closet in the babies room so wont need to spend extra money on a wardrobe/dresser etc..

[​IMG]

12. Vici

Vici Mum to a LTTC princess!!

We have got the Salisbury set from argos. Cot bed, under cot drawer, wardrobe and dresser with changer top. DFs parents gave us £250 and we had £150 vouchers from xmas so it cost us nothing as it was £399 for the lot :) Just got to buy a matress outselves :)

13. starah

starah Well-Known Member

That's really cool! I wish I was crafty!