Nursery furniture

Twinkles

Reaction score
I have a small little box room that i am going to be converting into a nursery, im busy trying to decide what furniture i could get without spending an absolute fortune. I like plain pine and have decided on a cotbed but im not sure which way to go with regards to a wardrobe, dresser and changing unit.

For the ladies who have already set up a nursery or section of a room, what setup do you find works best or what are some of your ideas?

I have a pine dresser at the moment and am thinking i could use that instead of buying a changing unit and just buy a seperate changer thingy to go on top plus get a wardrobe, or is a proper changing unit more practical? Also do you think a wardrobe is necessary?

Im just not sure which way to go with this, so all ideas appreciated x

Thanks!

We've just put the finishing touches to our nursey, we have got a cot bed (although not erected yet) and bought and adult size wardrobe so it don't need changing for quite a few years and put some nice baskets inside to store things like booties etc doing away with the need for a chester drawers.

We've also got a stacking unit to store things like creams & nappies etc on.

We will also be buying the 'Cot Top Changer' from Babies R Us @ £40 as we haven't got space for a dresser or changing unit and it saves room as well.

Hope this gives you a couple of ideas.

weve bought a cot bed and a wardrobe, we already have chest of drawers and we are getting a cot top changer for the cot as we dont have enough space for a changing station!!

wardrobe is a necessity i would say so, for my son i got a nice set from argos, pine cot bed, small wardrobe and draws thats got a changer thing on top was not expensive x

We have a tiny tiny box room, wasn't big enough for a wardrobe and a set of drawers plus the cotbed. We have bought a nice large chest of drawers which will hopefully fit most things in and instead of a wardrobe, bought this "hat rack" thing from ikea that is a shelf and hooks and a rail. We are going to attach that to the wall above the drawers and hey presto, a wardrobe setup! Got the drawers for £100 and the hat rack was only £20!! Going for the cot top changer and under bed drawer too for extra storage.

Hannah's room is actually a solarium so it's tiny. All we put in there was the crib and a long dresser. We change her in her crib. The dresser's great, 7 drawers and holds tons of stuff, so lots of storage.

wardrobe is a necessity i would say so, for my son i got a nice set from argos, pine cot bed, small wardrobe and draws thats got a changer thing on top was not expensive x

I got a set like this from Argos too - looks lovely, all matching and what not. Think I paid £299 for the set....

If your rooms quite small then you could get a changer with draws or a cupboard underneath it. Like this one ...
https://www.mothercare.com/Disney-W...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44363031&mcb=core
They do seem to be more expensive than a changer with empty shelfs underneath but atleast there will be room and extra storage.
Im really really not keen on baby wardrobes as they dont have alot of hanging space and are really expensive so my stepdad is going to make me one with serveral rails inside so theres loads of hanging space and works out alot cheaper than buying one, Perhaps you could ask your OH or dad to make you one?
Anddd maybe you could buy a draw to go under the cotbed, loads of storage space in one of them
Xxxx

Thanks so much for your ideas guys. I just had a quick look at argos, i can get a pine set there for about £400 including the underbed storage drawer which is a great idea btw. (wardrobe, changer, drawer and cotbed) not as good a price as £259 but still a lot better than some other prices out there. Thanks again :)

babe I also have a box room, very small indeed, but we got a cotbed in the corner, a changing unit across the window (its low enough as it fits under the window sil and does not block light, in my changing unit there are shelves with baskets in for storing nappies, talc, wash stuff, and even some clothes for when she is older. Then we have a tiny single kids wardrobe from ikea and a rockingchair, but im contemplating taking thaat out as it leaves hardly any room. Rest assured it can be done, you can buy whole nursery sets from kiddicare.
xxx

I'd recommend getting a wardrobe with drawers it in if you're limited for space. After all, their clothes aren't big enough to hang down so in a regular wardrobe most of the space is wasted space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->