• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Nursery - how soon?

out baby girl is going to be in our room with us but have her own little spot. our room was a mess (and still is) but we moved things around today so there will be a place for her mini crib. after we get things organized then i will be decorating the room but have to wait till the end of july to see if we get the crib on the reg. for the baby shower... so we have kinda started it just from cleaning and moving things around but still needs the crib,rug,put up the shelf and bar under it for her clothes

We literally have nothing for the nursery yet (just the stuff we'll be having in our bedroom). Won't be buying a cot until 30 week mark, but as soon as we've got our new place sorted and we've settled in, that's when the decorating will happen and a serious spree will be in the books.

Hi ladies
So this weekend I've painted the nursery (its v small so didn't take very long!) and as we are team yellow its just in a very neutral creamy colour. I was just wondering how soon you ladies put the cot up, starting accessoring etc etc. Its very much a blank canvas at the moment, I know the cot we want but didn't know if it was a bit soon maybe as it'll just gather dust if we buy it and put it up now! Thanks! Xx

Im 18 wks and we're just starting to do up the nursery. We're having a new window fitted for it tomorrow morning and then hubby can get on and plaster (re-skim) and paint it (hes a plasterer by trade). He'll be plastering it next weekend and then we'll be painting it the weekend after.

Even though we have that to do i bought the cot today, which will be waiting to go up as soon as the room is plastered & painted.

Id already bought all the nursery decorations, like wall stickers, lightshade, curtains, bedding, rug etc etc when i was only 11 wks pregnant! I was too excited to refrain!

So we just have everything to put together and a wardrobe to buy and we'll be done - Hopefully all will be finished by 24wks at the latest. Then i can relax and stop stressing! :)) xxx

At the moment we have the cot up and that is it, still need to paint the walls, finish repurposing a changing table i bought from ebay. Going to paint some murals on the wall, put up some shelves, put up any decals we find, find a new lampshade and other bits to go around. Feel quite unprepared now but i don't want to finish it yet as still have weeks left til she's due!!

i have everything from my daughter, so we just need a weekend to get it painted, put a new floor in and then move all the furniture back in, we were advised to take down the cot and store it for a few months, so dd doesn't associtate it with being hers, but she was in the bed part of it already and is all excited about helping paint the babies room.

i was super organised last time, but this time i'm more relaxed about it, it'll be nice to have the room set up though as i am getting fed up of tripping over boxes of nappies and wipes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"