Nursery Ideas

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Just popped over from 1st tri. I am looking for inspiration for ideas for our nursery. I cant really afford some of the expensive cot sets and curtains etc from Mothercare etc but am going to go for neutral creams, browns, whites etc and just try and get similar bedding and curtains like with bears on etc. Then when we find out if having a girl or boy add bits of pink or blue here and there.

I was just wanting to have a nosey at your nursery pictures if possible

xx

matlan have 3 for 2 on at the min and tescos have some nice bits in xxx

Thanks. Unfortunately we dont have a matalan near us anymore and our tesco is small and does nothing but food. Will try have a look online though. Xx

Ive got a few bits eg sheets, towels, sleeping bags etc people have given me from matalan, asda, tesco and primark which are neutral and have teddy bears on. I got some stuff from mothercare in jan sales, if you are in first tri you have time to see when deals come up. Get signed up to everything!Mothercare, asda baby club, babies r us, and youll get sent an email when there are deals coming up and sometimes get vouchers for extra discounts. xx

We don't have that much money to spend. So our furniture is just a bit of what we already had plus a good cot from Ikea for £70. To brighten things up a bit we did paint the walls and I decorated them myself.

I don't think it really matters if you have the really expensive furniture or not, I think our room looks ace because of what I did on the wall.

I made the design, got a pencil and drew it on the wall. The walls are very light lilac and then the butterflies are dark purple. When you walk into the room it's really hat you want to look at, not the mismatch of furniture ;)!

Hope you can think of something cool for your own bedroom, but I do recommend getting creative yourself as a small pot of paint only costs £2.50 and you can be so proud of the result knowing you did it all yourself!

Attachments

• DSC00488.jpg
    DSC00488.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00489.jpg
    DSC00489.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00490.jpg
    DSC00490.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 3
With our little mans room, we got a pine cot from a carboot sale fr £30. A Moses basket (which was still in mothercare for £80) for £20 with stand. We used a chest of drawers inside the built in wardrobe an used a cot top changer.
Our curtains and lamp shade are ikea and bunting was homemade.

https://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx37/Moomooms/af08fed3.jpg

https://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx37/Moomooms/3591c35a.jpg

https://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx37/Moomooms/fcd828fa.jpg

https://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx37/Moomooms/87917f64.jpg

it's like a shabby chic type style and I LOVE it! People always comment on our nursery! I'm not a fan of matching furniture ect xx

Yea we got a brown wooden cot from Ikea and a dark brown set of Drawers from Argos as changing table ^^.
For wardrobe we had a spare bookcase with squares as gaps to put books in. I bought some fabric boxes which fit in exactly and decorated them with some cheap butterfly clips from a hobby shop. It's all so mismatched but I absolutely love it ^^.

Your nursery looks ace too Moomoo :)!

Thanks for the replies! We have built in wardrobes which is a bonus, deffo cant afford to be buying the expensive matching stuff! I would like a changing/bath table :)

xx

Thanks for the replies! We have built in wardrobes which is a bonus, deffo cant afford to be buying the expensive matching stuff! I would like a changing/bath table :)

xx

Tbh you probably won't get a lot of use out of a changing table or bath table. We used ours for a maximum of 6 months. After that they are too wriggling and too dangerous to use. X

xx

Tbh you probably won't get a lot of use out of a changing table or bath table. We used ours for a maximum of 6 months. After that they are too wriggling and too dangerous to use. X

Main reason I was considering one of these was because I will almost deffo be having a c-section so thought this may be easier but as you said can get dangerous. I guess theres non harm putting the bath on kitchen side or chest of drawers to start. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->