Nursery Must Haves

Mango

Reaction score
Hi ladies, not sure if this is the right area to post this but I have some questions when it comes to preparing your home for a baby. What are the necessities for a nursery? Obviously a crib is a necessity but what other items would you put on your must-have lists in reference to nursery/feeding/toiletries/etc.

Top of my list of must-haves is a Nappy Wrapper. That way you're not running round with little orange bags smelling of peach - your bin downstairs doesn't stink of nappies - and you can actually change and dispose of everything upstairs.

I bought one of those. OH is now hating idea because a handful of people have said they are shit yet another handful say they love theirs being seperate from their normal household and little bags lying around! *sigh* :lol:

The one thing we get through is shed loads of cheap towels (hand towel size). Used as follows:
1. Burp clothes are a ridiculous invention unless you are some top class American baseball catcher. The towel stops the burp going on you and your clothes and the furniture.
2. Also use on top of change mat (I'm a softy and don't wanna put my little babies skin on the cold plastic).
3. Bath towels for baby. They inevitably poo on them every couple of days so you're washing them more frequently than you do your own towel.
4. Lying them on when they're having a kick-about so they don't puke on the bed/the carpet, etc.

etc., etc.

i agree with helen that small towels/muslin clothes are the best thing ever!

Ditto Helen :lol:

I have 8 white handtowels only 64p each from Asda, at the minute Thomas is Sick on everything so they go on his bouncing chair, swing, changing mat etc saves stripping everything down every day.

Cx

Thanks for that tip girls :headspin:

I use clothes an hand towels too!!!

and cotton wools balls ... handy for the eyes, the belly button the bottom etc etc etc

flannels for top and tailing
i was using cotton wool but flannels are much easier

changing unit dont know where i would be with out mine i still use it for Dior who is 2 and a half.
she sits up there and drys of after a bath rather then running round

i wish i had got a nappy wrapper every one who walks in my house says it stink:blush: but walking out the the wheely bin is hassel.

muslin squares. cannot have anough of them and bibs

Dionne i got one and its never been used ...

You want it??

xxx

Dionne i got one and its never been used ...

You want it??

xxx

ahh thats kind of you,but dont worry bout me i seen one in the sale but didnt bother as mine wont be in nappies for much longer
ahh you do have a heart of gold though:hugs:

Thanks dionne lol ....

Well if you change your mind let me know :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"