nursery offended me

i wouldnt confront her or they may say your being unreasonable i would take it through a manager if i was you and say you want being informed on what is done on the matter ect

I would probably put it in writing so I could get my feelings across articulately because I am useless at complaining verbally and then give the letter to the manager.

I would probably put it in writing so I could get my feelings across articulately because I am useless at complaining verbally and then give the letter to the manager.

I am the same, I can never put across what I want to without writing it, I get tongue-tied and then it all goes :blush:

I think I am gong to see what she's like by the end of week and give a letter to manager.

That would upset me too. Its bad attitude and to be honest sounds like she didnt want to do what you like ie sit on the floor with LO and take the baby from you. They shouldnt be making you feel uncomfortable, youre leaving your most precious thing with them and its disrespectful.

I personally wouldn't complain as rolling the eyes, although rude, could have been done unintentionally, or in response to something else. I would ask perhaps if there is another way they want to do the drop off, if this seems inconvenient. If there is, they should offer that advice. If not, then she shouldn't roll her eyes, but if she is a grump, then I would make a mild complaint. I would wait and see what their response is tho. Also, can I give you a piece of advice? I would NEVER say sorry for anything you request of them. This already puts it forth that what you are asking is unreasonable. I would ask in a straight-forward but polite way, and just say thank you, but no extras. They will see this as what you expect, and it isn't rude (if you say it nice, but firmly). NEVER say sorry.

jasmak has a very good point ^^^^^^^^^^^ saying you were sorry was in a way validating that you also see this as an inconvenience to them iykwim..........the problem i found working in nurseries is that majority of staff do not have children themselves so cant relate to a mother/child relationship........iykwim.......my eldest daughter would cry when i left her at pre-school sometimes and i would want to make sure she was okay before i left her even if it was a inconvenience for the staff.....their job is to make sure the parent and child are both happy.......so yes dont apologise xxxx hope it all gets sorted out xxxx

jasmak has a very good point ^^^^^^^^^^^ saying you were sorry was in a way validating that you also see this as an inconvenience to them iykwim..........the problem i found working in nurseries is that majority of staff do not have children themselves so cant relate to a mother/child relationship........iykwim.......my eldest daughter would cry when i left her at pre-school sometimes and i would want to make sure she was okay before i left her even if it was a inconvenience for the staff.....their job is to make sure the parent and child are both happy.......so yes dont apologise xxxx hope it all gets sorted out xxxx

I dropped her off after breakfast today (have lectures a little later than yesterday) The babies were in another room with 3 careers including this member of staff. She ignored me but I said to her 'I know you were busy yesterday but I don't want to leave baby on floor bla bla' she snapped 'they were under staffed' So I repied 'well, I am not blaming you but that's something to bring up to the manager then'

I felt all 3 pairs of eyes on me as I left my baby with them, I know they had a bitch about me :cry: Her sister inlaw was there and the staff member who came out the kitchen to settle her was there.

I came home and cried. I don't want to send my baby there any more. I am now worried in case it has an adverse effect on the way they treat me baby :cry: I feel so shitty right now, I just want my baby.

After reading ^^^ I would go straight to the manager!

I would be so angry and I would be very tempted to take my daughter out of nursery. For them to speak to you like that in front of the other children in unacceptable.

I think you should ring the manager to organise a meeting with her!!

ahhhhhhhhh tuesday............ i can understand the under staffed scenario as when i worked in nurseries it happened all the time, but there is absolutely no need for her to speak to you like that at all and you definitely should speak to the manager about it today, she should not be able to get away with that, its not on.... yes i agree they probably did bitch afterwards but in NO WAY whatsoever should they treat your baby any differently.....honestly....no matter how staffs relationships have been like with parents i have never known staff members to take it out on a child......i think that this definitely needs clearing up with the manager asap maybe even if you ring now and speak to them x

Understaffed or whatever. No need to treat you that way. I am a nurse and always understaffed. I would never DREAM of rolling my eyes to a patient or to another member of staff. Rude, unprofessional and lazy IMHO.

Make a compliant and do it now. Dont let them get you down. Dont be frightened of complaining. You are paying for a service!

Absolutely horrible...definitely complain. I did work in nurseries for my college course and nobody ever acted in that way and if I had acted that way to a customer then I would have been removed from the placement without question.

Call the director/manager now! I am floored that you would be treated that way! I worked in childcare and yes, it is stressful to be understaffed-however when we were understaffed, I would apologize profusely and try to still accommodate what each child needed. And while they will not neglect your child's needs, I have known teachers to not be as attentive and make snotty comments to the child. I would be very upset and start looking for alternative care unless this is sorted.

First response would have been maybe it wasn't meant in the way you picked it up (could have been a disagreement between those 2 members of staff for example) but you certainly had no need to apologise ... however "we were under staffed" nope sorry no nursery should be under staffed, there are safety rules in place (I'm surely legally obliged by?) that there should be x many staff every x many children (more in the younger groups). Personally if they are under staffed with no cover I'd be questioning her comment to you also. Your child is there and their well-being and needs should be met 101%.

Check out other local nurseries in the mean time and explore your options before making any rush decisions x

^^^In all the nurseries i have worked in.... we were constantly left over our ratios,
mostly when staff members needed staff breaks and lunches and beggining and end
of the day it would be under staffed... and so i would say in general out of a 10 hour day 5 and half hours of that day staff are left above their ratio. The way the nursery works is very clever, which is why a strict routine is put in place for all children i.e getting them in to a sleep routine between 12-2 (which is when staff one after the other would take there lunch breaks......(as if a child is sleeping then apparently thats one less to look after/dont count in the ratio!!!????)....they are a profit making organisation so if they can save money they will regardless... oh how i wished more parents complained but wouldnt as they probably had the same worries as tuesday x
an example for me would be: ...lunch times i would be left looking after 9 babies for an hour alone...when i complained to the manager i was worried as i was over my ratio and used 'what if there is a fire' as i example all she said was 'oh you would find a way to get them all out'!!!!!
however after bringing this up rather than pay for lunch time cover they tried to get all staff members to stay onsite on their lunch breaks so if we heard the fire bell we could run in to help the staff member alone with the 9 babies...CRAZY....anyway that was against our human rights as thats our unpaid hour we can do with as we wish.....so it all got brushed under the carpet and we were still left over our ratio, with the 'if you dont like it, you know where the door is' attitude from the managment.

im not saying all nurseries are like this at all just the ones i have worked in but if any parents have any serious concerns i.e staff over their ratio...they shouldnt hold back bringing up their concerns with head office. x

^^^ Sadly Smelly I think this happens in lots of different places.

Tuesday if you are really unsure about the nursery then perhaps it is time to start looking for another provider? At the end of the day you need to feel confident that all will be fine when you leave LO.

:hugs: aww hun. Id def take it to management and make it VERY clear your not happy!
I personally would look for somewhere else for my child to go, I would have to feel comfortable with the people im leaving him with, and after this i certainly wouldnt feel comfortable.
I know it would probs upset your LO again but even she may feel more comfortable in a different place x

I dropped her off after breakfast today (have lectures a little later than yesterday) The babies were in another room with 3 careers including this member of staff. She ignored me but I said to her 'I know you were busy yesterday but I don't want to leave baby on floor bla bla' she snapped 'they were under staffed' So I repied 'well, I am not blaming you but that's something to bring up to the manager then'

I felt all 3 pairs of eyes on me as I left my baby with them, I know they had a bitch about me :cry: Her sister inlaw was there and the staff member who came out the kitchen to settle her was there.

I came home and cried. I don't want to send my baby there any more. I am now worried in case it has an adverse effect on the way they treat me baby :cry: I feel so shitty right now, I just want my baby.

Let them bitch about you hon! You have EVERY right to say this all to them. I understand why you wouldn't want to leave your baby there. I would speak to the manager first, see what she says about it all. Def unacceptable. :hugs:

The way she responded to you is IMO worse than the original offense (which I would have let slide). But to snap at a concerned mother, and to admit they are understaffed? Very worrisome...
Oh boy, poor you:hugs:

Take it up with the manager and start looking for other nurseries, letting them know (the ones you're looking at) why you're looking. I'm sure in these times most nurseries would be delighted to poach!
My nursery purposefully overstaffs so on the occasion there's sickness or absence, they're covered. LOs been going for a couple of months now and they still take him off me for cuddles before settling him. They called me the morning he was crying so hard he made me cry, to let me know he was fine a couple of minutes after I left.
You're paying for this service. They are looking after your most precious thing. If you don't feel good about it, find an alternative. I'm sure they don't treat your child any differently, but I know what you mean and how you'd feel. xx

I would have a word with the manager as well. They should be reassuring you that your child is going to be happy and cared for and now they have made you doubt that and that's not on. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->