Nursery plans - bit early I know!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Ragina Phalan, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Ragina Phalan

Ragina Phalan Well-Known Member

I know it's sooo early but i've been thinking of what to do with the spare room for baby's arrival. I want to keep the baby's sex a surprise so i've been thinking of a jungle theme (nice and neutral) - what do you all think? Have any of you had any ideas?

2. mrsraggle

mrsraggle Wifey & Mummy

We're going with neutral Winnie the Pooh stuff and really colourful toys etc. My mum has kinda decided the theme with what she's been buying us, but I'm more than happy because I love Pooh Bear!!

3. Ragina Phalan

That sounds lovely! Not sure when to start buying stuff though - so exciting!!

4. twinkletoes80

twinkletoes80 Pregnant with my first

I think thats a lovely theme. I do prefer the neutral themes to plain pink or blue.
    I havent given it any thought as we've decided bubs will sleep in our room with us. Saves some money that does!! Our room is pink already, and I feel like im having a girl so job done!

5. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

oohh loving jungle themes - we were toying with getting the jungle chums coordinated range from babys r us

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Bathing/Changing-Mats/Jungle-Chums-Changing-Mat(0021574)

or the one from dunelms

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/range/Jungle Friends/Bedding_Nursery Bedding/1

But we are going with yellow on two walls (lemon fizz colour got it last night yay) and either white or lemon tinted white on the other two walls with a rainbow mural ending at each cot (so they are our pots of gold) and rainbow crystals on teh window. We have some blackout curtains with various nursery type pics on them so will be getting some stickers for the wardrobe too but may wait to see what flavour they are before choosing them so we can 'gender' them up a little lol

I LOVE jungle though its fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!

6. catherineq87

catherineq87 Well-Known Member

lemon fizz snap my daughters room is that colour with eyore border the yellow comes out lovely not too strong not to sure what ill do if i have a boy now ... lol

7. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

oohh thanks for that we didnt bother with a tester pot and I was wondering

8. catherineq87

catherineq87 Well-Known Member

no bother at all! happy paintin all xx

9. trashit

trashit Guest

zoo theme :) gonna get my grandad whose an artist to do a zoo mural on the wall and gonna get zoo bedding and things :)

10. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I like the jungle theme as well. We're going to find out the sex, but prefer a more neutral look for the nursery. We even painted our 'guest room' yellow with plans of it becoming the nursery before I even got my BFP.

11. Natnee

Natnee Mummy to Belle

Well our small room is painted a bluey greeny colour, I call it teal? At the moment it is a bit of a 'chuck junk in it' room, so it will need a bit of a clear out, but in order to do that we will need to clear the loft out. We have been meaning to do this job for a couple of years so this will be a good excuse for a clear out up there too. Not sure about theme, was thinking of perhaps neutral - I have seen a lovely range in the next catalogue called Dylan and Daisy. A bear and a donkey and all browns and beiges. Maybe something like that, but haven't looked round at anything else yet.

12. Helabela

Helabela Mum to Sophie and ttc

we are going with cream and brown with a teddy bear theme :)

13. digs

digs Expecting baby #2

We are going for all white room and furiture, my hubby is a carpenter and is making wooden Elma the elephants of different sizes to go on the wall with lights behind. Will have coloured patchwork curtains (same as Elma's patch work). Can't wait to start.

xx

Oh PS everyones idea's sound so great its soooooo exciting.

14. Ragina Phalan

what great ideas! Painted our room pale olive green not that long ago so we're keeping that and we've seen this zanzibar range we love for jungle themed stuff - so exciting!

15. Blizzy

Blizzy Well-Known Member

We have our nursery already planned out (since before we started ttc), we want the gender to be a surprise and everything to be neutral because we want a few kids and want everything to be able to be used for all of them. Our nursery is going to be green and yellow walls with black furniture and froggies, turtles and snails are the theme. Although I have changed a couple times, but some sort of animal theme.

16. eeyore83

eeyore83 Well-Known Member

Winnie the Pooh. Always knew it would be Winnie the Pooh. I have an unhealthy obsession collecting Eeyore things lol I've started looking for crib bedding, but I'm having a hard time finding something I like.

17. divine_kyrie

divine_kyrie Mother of two boys!

Well if I'm having a girl I would like to decorate with cherry blossoms. There's a bedding set at babies R us that I really like. And I have no idea if its a boy. I already used my theme last time with DS. His room is decorated with super mario brothers.

Attached Files: