Nursing Bra sizing...

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by CurlyK, Nov 14, 2011.

1. CurlyK

CurlyK Member

Hi All

I am 33 weeks pregnant and want to buy a couple of nursing bras - but how do I know what size to buy? I have no idea how much bigger my boobs will be once my milk comes in etc? :flower: Thanks x

2. smillar

smillar Well-Known Member

I waited until 38 weeks to get mine and got measured in M&S. They were really good and said my husband could return them if they didnt fit (but they did)

3. lisaf

lisaf Super tired new mom

I got a couple of comfy sleep bras, then once my milk was in, I went and got nicer ones :) worked out great, I wouldn't have been able to guess to be honest.

4. DarlingMe

DarlingMe Well-Known Member

I bought 2 cheap ones at about 38 weeks. When LO was about 2 weeks old, I bought a few more. I should have waited because I need a new size again, the cups are too small! I would definitely wait. The sleep bras are nice because they are just sized by small-extra large. So you can buy those without worrying about them not fitting later unless you have a huge amount of weight loss.

5. grandbleu

grandbleu MAL with Little Blue

I only gained a cup size but my friend gained 3 cup sizes...you never know really till the milk comes in your final size. I would buy just some comfy stretchy ones like the other ladies suggested (maybe 3) and then wait a week after birth to see your final size and go out and shop or order in.

6. lisaf

lisaf Super tired new mom

yeah 3 comfy stretch bras was the perfect amount for me. That was 1 to wear, one to be washed and hang dry, and one to have ready.
    With the leaking early on and whatnot it comes in handy.

And they are super cheap :) I change into one when I get home and wear them on the weekends.

7. portablechick

portablechick Well-Known Member

my boob size has barely changed - never had any leaking either

8. k8y

k8y Well-Known Member

If you go to Mothercare they can measure you and are enormally quite good at telling you what size you will need.