Nutramegin lipil

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by ladybrock, Oct 10, 2013.

1. ladybrock

ladybrock first time mummy

Anyone else use this formula?

Finaly been perscribed it and hoping it will solve my lo terrible wind

It got to the point i just couldnt settle him after a feed and before i knew it it was his next feed and h hadnt slept.

Also started with very runny poos!

Fingers crossed

2. kelkel

kelkel 2 boys under 2

My lo was on it for 2 weeks. I didnt work for us bc of a terrible milk allergy
    However i do want to say if u call nutramagen they will send u coupons to help with the cost

3. felix555

felix555 Well-Known Member

No but my LO was prescribed something similar. gow and gate pepti junior and it's been one week with no difference but he has suspected silent reflux together with the milk/lactose intolerance ... who even knows what's wrong with my baby to be honest! but hope it helps for you.

that milk tastes awful apparently from what i read so don't be too concerned if he takes less than usual, it will take him a few days to get used to it.

you switched him to comfort milk a few days ago? the runny poos would have been from that

4. ladybrock

Ah fair enough! He seemed more unsettled n gassy on the comfort
    Im hoping this helps can only try will give it a couple weeks

5. ladybrock

Oh and he gulped it down lol
    Seemed to like it

6. Kazzini

Kazzini Well-Known Member

Glad he liked it! My LO has a cow's milk protein intolerance and has been on nutramigen just over a month. She used to have terrible bottom wind (from 3 weeks old) but this seem to disappear at the same time as she got blood in her poo and started filling her nappy about 7 times a day. We started her on nutramigen and we haven't had the blood in her poo nor 7 dirty nappies a day since 4 hours after her first bottle of nutramigen. I hope things improve for you and if they do then it could be a milk intolerance so you may have to watch what foods you give your LO when you wean him incase he reacts.

7. ladybrock

Thanks for the reply. Did your lo have major gas issues as well after feeding. I.e constantly coming out the mouth and really hard to settle?
    Thats my main complaint atm and hoping this helps as it realy winds him up and he squirms and cant sleep (can see he has tummy pain)

If so did this go away and how soon?

8. Kazzini

Kazzini Well-Known Member

My LO wasn't too bad in terms of burping but we had trouble getting her to have naps lying flat in her moses basket - often she would fall asleep easily whilst in her reclining chair. She would forever be arching her back, bringing her legs up and often refusing her bottle. Things improved the very same day we started nutramigen and she stopped being awkward over her bottle about a week later (although she is now teething and is being awkward again!).

9. laila 44

laila 44 Well-Known Member

My dd tried that formula and absolutely hated it! It's nasty stuff! Smells and tastes awful. It's usually used in preemies and babies with severe allergies. My dr recently put dd on lactose free enfamil formula for her reflux and gas and its been amazing! I took her off nutrimiggen because she hated it and I found it was too much if a " big gun" type formula that I felt she didn't really need.

10. ladybrock

Yea he burps but then dont settle is corever windy and draws legs up and squirms about. He loves his bouncer chair too and falls asleep in that

As for th other molk laila ill bear that in mind as im pretty sure its more a lactose intolerance than a severe allergy.

He likes the milk tho so if it works ill just use it. I assume its the same as a lacto free one anywAy? It has no lacto in it so ...

11. laila 44

It's similar but it's also for children with a cow protein allergy and digestive issues including severe reflux. If he liked it and it helps go for it! I found the gas diminished soooooooo much with lactose free milk. Dr told me that for gassy and fussy babies lactose free is best because its the lactose in milk that is difficult for their tummies to break down and digest. Doesn't always mean they are lactose intolerant but rather it helps diminish the gas. It's been night and day here. Hopefully it lasts.

12. leiapaulsen

leiapaulsen busy mommy of 4

My DD was the same and has silent reflux. We are on the nutramigen with enflora LLG which is a probiotic for digestive health... and we are on day 3 I have a completely different baby she is sooooo much happier nowhere near as gassy and doesn't fight the bottle every feed like she used to.

13. ladybrock

Do you take anything else for silent reflux? I think he has that too

Have infant gaviscon

14. leiapaulsen

Yes ma'am shes on the generic zantac three times a day and a colic medicine called hyosyne and shes still having some issues with reflux but its improving daily. I can also tell when its time for4 her next dose of zantac cuz she starts fussing and having wet burps and grunting alot.

15. ladybrock

Wet burps?

My boy does this thing where he draws up his leg and it sounds like hes releasing air
    Its random and happens alot especialy when he wakes up.

Im not using the gaviscon atm just the milk and he hiccups after feeds too.

Im not sure if he has reflux or not tbh if he has i dont think its severe

Wandering if i should talk to docs about it again.
    Going to give it a week on just the milk for now

16. felix555

felix555 Well-Known Member

i found now that my LO is on this special milk, the reflux is worse :(

17. leiapaulsen

Yeah the best way I can think to describe them is comparing it to acid indigestion I used to get where if I burped I could feel it coming up but instead of throwing up or spitting up she burps and then swallows it. She usually gets hiccups right afterwards too for a while. It seems painful to her cuz she sometimes arches her back and then starts crying for a second. The medicine seems to help. The formula is very thin so I can see how it would make reflux worse for some babies tho. My dr mentioned last time that she may need some rice added to her milk to thicken it up some... I had a friend that her daughter had to have the special similac spit-up formula as she threw up everything she ate and I know it has some rice already in it to thicken but ive never used it before.

18. ladybrock

Hmm still u sure if he has reflux or just very bad wind/gas

He only hiccups after feeds once or twice a day atm if that but when he does he doesnt like it! Again could just be gas...

I dont think he has wet burps just releasing of air alot

He seems to be ok on this milk so far. Only tome will tell im just so impatient lol

19. laila 44

My dd has wet burps all the time it's gross! She sounds congested too and occasionally throws up. I feel bad for her but nothing I tried is helping. Formula, zantac it all did fack all.

20. ladybrock

I think sometimes its just time and we need to wait fir their systems to mature

Poor kiddos