Nutrition for a good pre-baby body

lexilooski

Reaction score
Hey! I am currently preparing to try to conceive and I was wondering what I should eat to make my body as healthy as possible for my baby to be. I currently take women's one a day vitamin. I'm just wondering what is important. (ie: Calcium, Vitamin D) Thanks!

Do your vitamins have folic acid? If not you probably want to switch to a specific prenatal vitamin. They also normally have Omega 3 which is important. That's all I know about specifically but I'm also taking fish oil, calcium, and a high dose Vitamin D pill that my dr prescribed since I have a Vitamin D deficiency at the moment.

Hi!

I found this and I am planning on trying this myself. You can also start taking vitamin B6 that will help with progestorone levels and in pregnancy it will help fighting against nausea.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1046500/pregnancy-meal-planners-trimester-by-trimester

The most important thing is that there is enough variation in what you eat. E.g. if you eat two servings of fruit a day, it is healthier to have a different fruit each day or each serving instead of two apples every day. The same goes for vegetables, proteins and carbs. The more your diet varies, the better your health will be.
If you vary enough, normally you won't have too much vitamin deficits, apart from maybe vitamin D and folic acid.

What's vitamin d found in? I'm worried because I'm dairy and wheat allergic and a vegetarian. I'm sure I'm lacking in calcium but can't find any tablets and the prenatals don't seem to have any in x

What's vitamin d found in? I'm worried because I'm dairy and wheat allergic and a vegetarian. I'm sure I'm lacking in calcium but can't find any tablets and the prenatals don't seem to have any in x

Found this for you https://www.fitday.com/fitness-arti...y-eating/12-vegetables-high-in-calcium.html#b

Hey! I am currently preparing to try to conceive and I was wondering what I should eat to make my body as healthy as possible for my baby to be. I currently take women's one a day vitamin. I'm just wondering what is important. (ie: Calcium, Vitamin D) Thanks!

I also take daily vitamins for women.It has 400 mcg's of folic acid.

I too am dairy and wheat intolerant and a vegetarian. My doctor told me to make sure I am getting enough folic acid and iron. Also calcium and vitamins d and b. I am taking naturemade prenatal vitamins which have all of the above.Check with your doctor though.
I try to eat a lot of leafy greens, beans, rice, and brightly colored vegetables, as well as things like nuts, and nut butters. And water. Staying hydrated is important too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->