Nuvaring pregnancy?

MMcConnell849

Reaction score
Heeyyy, so i started using the Nuvaring about 2 and a half weeks ago, but didnt know they had to be refrigerated. 😒 i left them in my car for about a month, and it had been over 100° for almost the entire time. (Gotta love California)😐 anywho. Lately ive been having some pregnancy symptoms that have me a little uneasy. Very similar to my first pregnancy, but i dont know if its just side effects from the NR or not.Anybody get pregnant while on the NR from leaving them in the car?? What were your symptoms?

I've never been pregnant on NR but when I was using it from my understanding the medicine is activated by heat so it very well could have "Used" the medicine before you ever used it.. also I was told anytime you switch birth controls you should use alternate protection for the first month as your body adjusts... so if you had only been on it two weeks there could be a slight ( not likely) but slight chance.. If AF doesn't show I would test

Any medication shouldn't be left in a 100 degree car... it's all sensitive to temperature fluctuations!

I agree with PP, you're supposed to use a backup method for the first month or so, plus you were using degraded birth control, so there's definitely a chance that you could be pregnant. Definitely take a test if AF doesn't show up on the day it's due.

Good luck!

I've never been pregnant on NR but when I was using it from my understanding the medicine is activated by heat so it very well could have "Used" the medicine before you ever used it.. also I was told anytime you switch birth controls you should use alternate protection for the first month as your body adjusts... so if you had only been on it two weeks there could be a slight ( not likely) but slight chance.. If AF doesn't show I would test

Did you notice any side effects from the nuvaring that may have been similar to pregmancy symproms?

Any medication shouldn't be left in a 100 degree car... it's all sensitive to temperature fluctuations!

I agree with PP, you're supposed to use a backup method for the first month or so, plus you were using degraded birth control, so there's definitely a chance that you could be pregnant. Definitely take a test if AF doesn't show up on the day it's due.

Good luck!

Yeah, i didnt realize until i went to the car and grabbed the box that it said to keep it in a cooler environment. I would hate for them all to be ruined. :/ i have a years worth!

I did not Nuvaring was my favorite birth control (when I was using it) for that reason I never had weird side effects but everyone is different... If you're within a few days of AF you could test to put your mind at ease.. just know that its not always accurate when taken early so if AF is late test again!

I did not Nuvaring was my favorite birth control (when I was using it) for that reason I never had weird side effects but everyone is different... If you're within a few days of AF you could test to put your mind at ease.. just know that its not always accurate when taken early so if AF is late test again!

Yeah, Af is due the 22nd, so if nothing by then ill definitely be testing. Especially with all the symptoms ive been having :/

Good luck!

Yeah, i didnt realize until i went to the car and grabbed the box that it said to keep it in a cooler environment. I would hate for them all to be ruined. :/ i have a years worth!

In the future, be sure to remove all medications from the car immediately. :lol: Not just birth control. It should all be kept at a stable room temperature, unless refrigeration is required. If your Nuvarings are supposed to be refrigerated and were kept super-heated, they're probably all toast. :( Call your pharmacist and find out if they should be replaced, because even if you're not pregnant this time, a year's worth of bad rings means 11 more opportunities for an oops!

I agree, if you're close to AF, go ahead and test now, but be sure to test again if AF is late. Pink dye, no blues!

I wish I had experience with NuvaRing to help put your mind at ease as far as your symptoms go! You could be having symptoms just because your hormones are fluctuating from getting used to a new method of birth control. I have had months where my PMS symptoms were very pregnancy-like (nausea, tender breasts, even producing colostrum) and not been pregnant at all. (And on the other side of the spectrum, the month I got pregnant with my little one, I had no symptoms at all and had counted myself as out for the month!)

Good luck!

In the future, be sure to remove all medications from the car immediately. :lol: Not just birth control. It should all be kept at a stable room temperature, unless refrigeration is required. If your Nuvarings are supposed to be refrigerated and were kept super-heated, they're probably all toast. :( Call your pharmacist and find out if they should be replaced, because even if you're not pregnant this time, a year's worth of bad rings means 11 more opportunities for an oops!

I agree, if you're close to AF, go ahead and test now, but be sure to test again if AF is late. Pink dye, no blues!

I wish I had experience with NuvaRing to help put your mind at ease as far as your symptoms go! You could be having symptoms just because your hormones are fluctuating from getting used to a new method of birth control. I have had months where my PMS symptoms were very pregnancy-like (nausea, tender breasts, even producing colostrum) and not been pregnant at all. (And on the other side of the spectrum, the month I got pregnant with my little one, I had no symptoms at all and had counted myself as out for the month!)

I really appreciate your input. Ill call the pharmacy in a bit.. but does thar mean my zoloft and whatnot shouldnt be left in the car also? I usually keep it in my purse amd i leave my purse in the car quite a nit :/.
As for symptoms, im having a few that are similar to my first pregnancy like the metallic taste in my mouth, the fatigue and the headaches, but im trying to blame them all on my zoloft to keep from having a panic attack lol

symptoms don't always mean pregnancy but its always best to know sooner rather than later. if you're due the 22 then you're about 6 days out so you could test with a first response early result (definitely use first morning urine) but if its negative as previously stated test again if AF doesn't show..

symptoms don't always mean pregnancy but its always best to know sooner rather than later. if you're due the 22 then you're about 6 days out so you could test with a first response early result (definitely use first morning urine) but if its negative as previously stated test again if AF doesn't show..

I will definitely be taking that advice. Thank you so much for your help!

I really appreciate your input. Ill call the pharmacy in a bit.. but does thar mean my zoloft and whatnot shouldnt be left in the car also? I usually keep it in my purse amd i leave my purse in the car quite a nit :/.
As for symptoms, im having a few that are similar to my first pregnancy like the metallic taste in my mouth, the fatigue and the headaches, but im trying to blame them all on my zoloft to keep from having a panic attack lol

Oh goodness, definitely do not keep your Zoloft in the car, either. If you read the inserts for your prescriptions, they're pretty much all guaranteed to say to keep them at a stable room temperature range. Heat degrades the active chemicals, decreasing effectiveness, or even destroying it entirely. Even over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen should be kept at room temp and not subjected to temperature extremes.

Your symptoms actually could be related to the Zoloft! SSRIs can have some pretty intense side-effects.

When is AF due?

Oh goodness, definitely do not keep your Zoloft in the car, either. If you read the inserts for your prescriptions, they're pretty much all guaranteed to say to keep them at a stable room temperature range. Heat degrades the active chemicals, decreasing effectiveness, or even destroying it entirely. Even over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen should be kept at room temp and not subjected to temperature extremes.

Your symptoms actually could be related to the Zoloft! SSRIs can have some pretty intense side-effects.

When is AF due?

AF is due the 22nd. And i am really hoping it is just side effects from the zoloft.. we are in no way ready for baby #2 just yet. DS is barely turning 1 next month.

That was how I felt with my last oopsie, I flew into an absolute panic. I was still sad when I lost it, but oh goodness, I cried for at least 2 days freaking out at the thought of having another so soon.

It's early enough to test. Do you have a Walmart nearby? They sell some 89-cent pink dye HPTs that work pretty well.

I actually live about an hour away from any kind of civilization lol im out in farm land. All we have is a gas station and a saloon :p its ohkay though. I ordered a 3 pack of cb digitals yesterday that should be getting here tomorrow. I know they arent quite as sensitive so ill just wait til af is due to test.. eiyher that or grab one od the gas station cheapies :p

I'm in the same boat, the nearest city is about an hour away and I live in the middle of nowhere! :lol: Digitals have a much higher hcg threshold and usually won't test positive until a few days after AF is due, so I'd grab a couple of gas station cheapies to tide you over until then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"