O.O I don't know what to do.

wish2bmama

Mom to 2 boys
Reaction score
:cry:
My LO is waking every 30 mins!!!! He's been doing this for 2 nights now. BFed at night. He took one boob earlier, but then refuses the other, refuses the bottle, has to be rocked to sleep. I'm shattered. Just shattered. I'm so freaking tired.

I had to put him in his crib and walk away. He's screaming his little lungs out right now. :cry: I feel horrible. He isn't sick, no fever, not teething that I can see. I don't like CIO or CC, (sorry, not judging, just personal choice).

I don't know what to do. He's 9 months old! WTH! :nope:

I don't know hun :hugs: that has to be so hard. LO has gone through a few nights like that but only when he had an ear infection and every time we laid him down the fluid made him scream... but honestly I don't know what else, does he have any kind of reflux?

It's hard when they do this. The best advice I can give is cuddling and rocking him. Maybe he is just going through a stage. :hugs:

He doesn't have reflux, and we were just at the docs for a check up and his ears are good.

He has to be rocked to sleep ALL the time. Naps and going to bed. He just won't self settle. I finally had to go in there after he stated to hyperventilate. :nope:

He doesn't have reflux, and we were just at the docs for a check up and his ears are good.

He has to be rocked to sleep ALL the time. Naps and going to bed. He just won't self settle. I finally had to go in there after he stated to hyperventilate. :nope:

They don't self settle until 3months+ I thought. That's what my MW told me :shrug:

My LO doesn't really self settle either. He always lays with us in bed, falls asleep and we move him to his crib. Have you maybe tried sitting with him while he is in his bed and shushing to help him know he is safe? There are lots of methods, though I haven't really tried any of them. I hope you can figure it out and he does alright, nights like that do my head in. It's even worse when your so tired and you just can't get them to sleep. :hugs:

They don't self settle until 3months+ I thought. That's what my MW told me :shrug:

I heard 4 months+.. but my LO is almost 10 months old now.

There is a 9 month sleep regression (which no one seems to warn you about!!) we had a few dreadful nights with LO about a month ago, but his sleep is much improved since coming out the other side of it :)

My son did this recently and then came out in a horrible cold, could be he is coming down with something. Do you have someone who could take him with some expressed milk for a couple of hours so you can get some sleep?

Often between 8-10 months babies experience separation anxiety...I don't know if this is what professionals refer to with the identified sleep regression or if something else also affects their sleep but I know with separation anxiety it makes them more clingy day and night. Does your LO get upset if you leave the room/he can't see you? Does he want to be held more frequently than usual? If so it could be separation anxiety if you've ruled out illness. Best way to deal with it is give him the cuddles he's after, take him with you as you move room to room and if you can't then don't just 'disappear', make sure he sees you go and repeat the same phrase to him such as 'mummy will be back' then return as soon as you can and if poss talk to him whilst you're in earshot to reassure him. They soon learn mummy is out of sight but not gone for good and things return to normal :hugs:

Cattia, I wish :( but I am very far away from family and have few friend here that would do that for me.

wishingonastar, I think that sounds like what he is doing. I'll try that today and night.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I really needed the support :hugs:

We had similar last night between 7pm & 11pm. she has NEVER done this before & she self settles! We are definately in the 9 mth sleep regression & it SUCKS!

I can't offer any advice coz I'm in the same boat... But at least your not alone eh?

My only thoughts are that waking every 30 mins is clearly related to being overtired so I'm letting her have some extra sleep in the day (when she'll have it!). Don't know if it'll work though :shrug:

I'm sorry you are having the same problem K4th! :hugs: It sucks balls! Hopefully tonight is a better night for both of us!

Phoebe did this a while ago - her sleep has never been great but she was waking at least hourly if not more. She's back to her 1/2 times waking now although she's not settling well when she goes to bed atm!

How did your night go wish2bmama?

We had 2 night wakes - way better than the night before! One wake for 2mins - wohoo & one wake for 1hr 15 :-(

All in all not the worst night we've had in the last couple of weeks. Hope you got some sleep too

Yay for 2 wake ups! He had about 4 last night. BUT he took both my boobs! :dance:

I got about 5 hours of sleep tho :( All in all, a much better night than the last 2 nights for sure!

awww poor Liam :( Kenzie is just now back to sleeping good. we just went through 2 weeks of HELL! hopefully its just a phase for Liam and it will pass. :hugs:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE won't fricken STOP! :cry:

It's 1:16am and he is STILL screaming! I rock him, he falls asleep, then I put him down and he SCREAMS! Over and over, and freaking over. I Lay him on my chest to sleep and he tosses and turns and flips!

I've had 4 hours of sleep for the last 6 nights now.. DH is NO help. :cry:

We were up for 1hr 15mins again last night. Lo was clearly shattered & fell asleep when I picked her up only to start crying 10 mins later.

She has red cheeks, swollen gums & was pulling on her ears in her sleep so I gave her a dose of calpol & half an hour later she was fast asleep.

Do you think your lo might be teething or in pain? A dose of paracetamol might confirm/rule it out? Sorry you're having a sh*tty night :hugs:

It's now 2am! And STILL sccreaming! I'm shattered. Just gone. And I have to babysit tomorrow. Just great.

Aw, sorry you had a sh!tty night too hun :hugs: I think it's separation anxiety. I have tried to give him more attention durring the day.. but wait! OHHH, this all started when I started to watch the other little boy (7m). He was okay last night. Hrm.... starting to think about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->