O or 2WW

g0dsgrace

Reaction score
My husband and I start our active trying this cycle has been normal until now. I have a feel I ovulated later but my AF suppose to show up this week and I got strong ovulation sticks and my smile face. I heard people take ovulation test for a pregnancy test. but part of me is like I'm not sure about that. with my ovia it said 38 for my cycles and i was supposed to be fertile 23-30 but we bd 2 weeks straight but now my husband is fasting so i should be good until we try again! anyone had anything compare to this:shrug: and thank you!

Well, an opk will not pick up positive before a hpt will , also some women get close to or even a positive just before AF is to show. It could go either way.

Sometimes an OPK can detect pregnancy before a positive hpt... i think it can read LH and HCG thats present in the urine... That was my first nudge to being pregnant many years ago... lots of positive opks after i knew i'd O'd and then a positive hpt a week or so later

An Opk will not go positive until your hcg is above 25- HPT will pick up usually at 25. Ergo an OPK will not go positive before a HPT.
For some women opk do not even go positive if pregnant- it is an individual thing.

And how it works is- LH and HCG are very very similar hormones. The opk mistakes the HCG for LH. It generally needs more hcg than lh though to go positive since the chemical isn't quite right. If you were getting positive opks and false fairly sensitive hpts it actually means you did get an LH surge - which is possible in the tww regardless of pregnancy or not.

thank you, everyone, I have the clear blue ovulation test with the smiling face and has been on for three days! so interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->