O/T Annoyed by DH's family

I can sympathize. DH & I keep hearing the same thing from our families. We bought our crib, dresser, glider, car seat, bedding set & monitor. We also bought a ton of clothing for her. My BIL has been especially vocal about how we didn't leave anything for anyone else. Like you, I didn't want to wait until the last minute & see what people were going to get for us. I wanted to make sure we had the essentials before she gets here. Plus some of that stuff was expensive. I didn't want to put that "burden" on our families.

My thoughts exactly!

in the uk people dont really do showers. if they do its only little gifts like clothes toiletries that people buy. i think its good you are trying to be independant by getting things ready yourself. if i had the choice i would do the same and just let people buy me little keep sakes and clothes, not bigger stuff like cot, moses basket, bouncer. id feel awkward taking such exspensive gifts and feel like that person now has a hold on me. the only people i took a gift off was my mum who bought the cot. i think sounds like there jealous, cuz there not letting you win either way. sod em! good luck

didnt want to read and run i dont have any advice right now just ignore them, ive been in similiar situations :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->