O/T but an old friend just really upset me!

alilou151

Reaction score
Hi ladies just wanted to vent a little bit as Im quite taken aback by an email Ive just received from my 'friend' of 10years. We worked together for 3years until I moved away & we would email, text & meet up when I was home often. The 18mths I have got back with my husband & left it a while before I told her I know she doesnt like him & didnt want her to fall out with me. I told her I was pregnant at 13weeks by text..no reply. I emailed several times..no reply. I finally got in touch with an old work mate who told her to get in touch, god I thought something terrible had happened to her!

Anyway I just on the off chance checked my old email address & yesterday I received an email saying:-
1. You changed your email address & never told me (I did..twice but she obviously hadnt amended it)
2. You moved & didnt let me know your new address (I did because she sent me a birthday present to this address! I remember opening it as I had just moved in..very odd!)
3. You got back with your fella & kept it a secret for ages (for reasons explained above)
4. You came home for xmas & never told me, Im assuming you didnt want to meet up with me! (I was gobsmacked by this! I would never be so nasty, I only had a week at home & being the first time Id gone home in ages I was visting family & mum was making a fuss of me & the bump also people are busy with their own family over xmas)

I thought the email to be very matter of fact & Ive been sat here crying as Ive lost a very good friend over things I havent even done! & she didnt even say congratulations! She went on to say her mother in law had cancer which is sad news but she said she was very busy with her & to take care. That was it. I never thought our friendship could end so abruptly & for sillyness. I'm 30 & she's 35 we're not kids but feel like shes acting like one!

if shes acting like that i'd rather not have her as a friend sorry im no help xxxxxxxxx

I agree what kind of friend would treat you like that. I would reply back and let her know that none of what she wrote is true and your sorry she feels that way. Obviously she has some issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->