O/T - Noise pollution bylaws?!

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any regulations about them for where I live, asshole next door for the last 3 or so weeks has been banging n crashing doing DIY after he bought the house, I don't mind people trying to get a house together but not when i've had a crap nights sleep full of braxton hicks keeping me awake and he brings out the hammer n power tools at 8am sharp! I'm pretty sure he's within his rights but not even had a letter of apology through the door - he happened to see us as we were going out the other day and said sorry for the noise then but never had any advanced apologies. I'm so fed up n tired, I wanted some sleep before this baby came, due on Sunday... sorry just having a mini rant. No pregnant woman should be crying at 8 in the morning :cry:

i think after 7am in the morning is what is classed as fine,the only thing you could do is ask him if he can maybe wait till 9am hun to start his work but not much otherwise,not sure if you could talk to someone at your local council to do with enivornmental health as noise comes under that.

try reading this link
https://www.environmental-protection.org.uk/noise/environmental-noise/noise-pollution/

Unfortunately I don't think there's anything you can do, between the hours of 7am to 11pm. It does suck though. Our next door neighbours dog barks constantly when they leave it home alone. Despite having reported it last year to the council, I'm still having to listen to the thing.
I'm one of the biggest animal lovers there is, but it seriously grates on me and winds me up when all you want to do is relax after a crappy night's sleep.

I'd just have a polite word with your neighbour, ask how long the work will be going on for and try come to some sort of compromise? Good luck. At least he apologised so he recognises he is maybe causing a problem for you. More than I got when I confronted my neighbours. :growlmad:

Go round in tears and say something along the lines of..

waaaaaaaaaaaaa....not sleeping........waaaaaaaaaaaa....so uncomfortable......waaaaaaaaa blub blub noise from you.....waaaaa....not till 9am please...waaaaaaaaaa

Men get really nervous with crying pregnant women...xxx

Go round in tears and say something along the lines of..

waaaaaaaaaaaaa....not sleeping........waaaaaaaaaaaa....so uncomfortable......waaaaaaaaa blub blub noise from you.....waaaaa....not till 9am please...waaaaaaaaaa

Men get really nervous with crying pregnant women...xxx

Lol I nearly did!

Hopefully DH is doing round later to ask how long it's gonna take... if the noise can wake me up, a newborn is going to be deafened by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->