O/T Noisy neighbours!

Clartylou

Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2
Reaction score
Our neighbours are noisy barstewards!!! They have no consideration for anyone. Even though they have a 16 yr old and 4 yr old they play loud music most weekend. It has been pounding through our joint wall since 9pm and seems to be getting louder.

The last time we asked them to turn the music down a little (we were very polite) H was verbally abused by the wife. It then esculated to her coming round here threatening us. We didn't take it further, in fact I then took to hiding in the house until I knew they wouldn't be around. I really wish I had taken it further.

I can understand they want to have a party in their own house, but come on!! Our wee man is due in around 6 weeks time and I have no idea how we'll cope with the noise then.

I am seriously considering calling the police.

Cx

Do you own or rent. If you rent it is something to bring up to the landlord... If they own though then even calling the police wont do much unless they are clearly breaking a noise violation. Just being noisy doesn't constitute and at least over here you would be lucky if the police even politely stopped by asking them to turn it down as there are complaints.

Oh that sucks! I live in a condo and it's happened to me on occasion..can't wait to have a screaming baby to wake them up in the night! lol. But I do have a property manager that handles the complaints...but while it's happening...it drives me nuts!! So I completely know what you're going through...

hey i see your from Scotland does your area not have a Neighbourhood Warden run by your council, which has a 0800 number to call for any complaints for noise patrol. I am in Renfrewshire and I know we have one which you can contact up to midnight. and its done anonymously.

Aww hun, Im so sorry you are going through this, I would report them if it continues either to the council or police, I really hope it can be sorted out, take care :hugs: XX

Yeah if its that bad call the police , but if you are renting talk to your landlord about it . Im also worried my neighbors are going to wake up my lil guy , but my neighbor is my oldest daughters daddy , he thought it would be great to move next to us so he could always see our daughter but at times it gets on my nerves , he is a race car driver and is always reving up his cars , and he has this friend that has a really loud truck that will wake you out of a dead sleep . good luck hun hope you get things taken care of .

In the end I called the noise police lol. They contacted me back at 12.20, which by then the music had stopped and I was in bed. They have advised us to call the police if the music happens again sun-thurs or call them back if its a fri/sat. Due to the fact they have been verbally abusive to us and threatening in the past when asked to turn down the volume, we have been advised not to approach them.

We own our property, but they are council tenants.

Cx

inform the council if it continues. the council will evict them if they are a continual nuisance with the noise and abuse. i was getting abuse shouted at me in the street from some of the kids. as there parents are council tennents the council told me the parents could be evicted if the abuse continued and to keep a record. fortunately the parents were alright and sorted the kids out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->