O/T ordered something.... still not here!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by FM_DJ, Nov 20, 2011.

1. FM_DJ

FM_DJ Expecting baby #2!

So I ordered an item related to my horse hobby back towards the begining of October. Paid for it with Paypal on the 8th or 11th of October. It is a "custom" order so I was told by the maker it would be approximately a 2 week wait. Last Friday- at almost 5 weeks I emailed the person to inquire about my item since I hadn't heard anything and certainly hadn't received the item. She replied back right away that she'd hoped to have them in the mail Saturday or Monday and that she'd email me a photo of the item that weekend so I could see how it turned out. Well.... it is now an entire week later- still no email with photos and still no item!! If she had shipped it Monday as she said, I should have received the item. She only lives one state over from me. I'm fit to be tied. I'm alright if you're running behind- just let me know. This is dragging on to a 6 week wait- 3 times what she quoted me. I wouldn't be so upset if I didn't have to track her down and email her myself for updates. :dohh: I dont' want to open a dispute in Paypal against her, but there's only so long that Paypal will back up a purchase, and I'm pretty sure that timeline is getting close. Said item was over $100 by the way. :growlmad: Is it hormones, or do I have a reason to be peeved? I sent yet ANOTHER email today inquiring. I don't want to sound rude to her, but for God's sake I ordered it 6 weeks ago. If I didn't want the item, I wouldn't have ordered it, right?! :growlmad:

2. Amethyste

Amethyste Mummy to Ella

This is a tough one, do you know if her business is reliable ? I would send her a nice email explaining her that the timeline is getting close and that if she doesn't do something you gonna have no choice but opening a dispute. I mean you never know she might make you wait and wait knowing that it will be too late for you to get your money back.

3. FM_DJ

FM_DJ Expecting baby #2!

I would think her business is reliable- she has a website and tons of photos that she's done of custom work for other customers. She also has a facebook page for her business that people post praises on their items from time to time. It just upsets me that she's made me wait this long and didn't even try to contact me with a reason. I had to contact her and ask her what was going on. If I don't hear back from her tonight, I think I'll be emailing her again tomorrow evening to discuss the Paypal timeline.

4. AveryATL

AveryATL Well-Known Member

I would just email her and check in again. I say this as a person who has a business making handcrafted items for the horse world too :). I am certainly not excusing her tardiness, but this time of year is often really busy AND can be unpredictable for us, or may have had a glitch with her suppliers too (happens to me, and can really screw up my estimation times). But, just ask her. I bet she will be happy to fill you in. The horse world is very, very small, so she wants to make you happy.

5. leigh5tom

leigh5tom Mum to two :)

I wouldn't be happy to wait that long at all! And the fact that you've had to chase her up for updates isn't right at all! Open a dispute on paypal now then you won't miss the deadline and it might hurry her along a bit xxxx