• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

o/t parners, am i being silly? sorry if tmi!

louise1986

Reaction score
Hi all going to try and make this quick and not a big rant!! i have a 7 month old which i am just weaning off the boob down to just 2 breastfeeeds a day and i am on the mini pill and having a period every other week, so dont know if i am just breing a emotional wreck or actually am feeling crap!

I am crying at least once adday at the moment, and have been very grumpy with partner and lo :(

He has decided that he is going to las vagas in a few months for a stag do on the weekend of our 2nd wedding anniversary, which is really upsetting me. I am also feeling low due to still trying to lose my pregnacy weight, am have a very low body image at the moment and low sex drive (sorry if tmi!) i know why i am not starting sex due to feeling like he does not fancy me and does not want to touch me, but he is not either can go weeks without sex. This is making me feel even worse that my feelings are right. We used to have a good sex life.

Please can people give me your views? I keep thinking i am blowing everything up in my state, dont want to disvuss with him due to it all might blow up im a argument if just my hormones but he is starting to notice i am moody.

Im also upset that all my gfs seem to be so happy and booking lovel little country cottages with thir partners and lo and all mine can talk about is how good our hoilday was last year was with all our friends and how we should all do it again with babies :( oh and of course las vagas...

We also seem to spend no qailty time together seems to just be looking after lo, cooking watching tv.. which he gets grumpy if i start a conversation up during. although when his mate is around they can just seem to chat through a good chunk of the prog without him snapping.

oh gosh this is turing in to a rant im sorry!!

please help!! thinking about stopping the mini pill and see if helps my hormones

It may be your pill hun...try something else if you are worried?

We all can feel a bit down sometimes its hard work being a mum although its so rewarding. Try and take a bit of time for yourself and have a nice hot bubble bath or a pamper.

As for your husband i wouldnt be too happy either to be honest about that...just have a word with him and explain how you feel?

Hope you feel better soon chick it will get better x

I came off the mini pill for those exact reasons - I was bleeding all the time (sorry TMI!) and was also grumpy! I just had the copper coil fitted which has no hormones, so feel tons better already!

I do think it's a bit out of order though him wanting to go away on that wkend - I know it's not his fault, and the stag who planned the event etc but STILL it is both of your wedding anniversary! Think I'd me miffed about that xx

thanks that helps alot, will stop taking tonight and hopefully i will be calmer about everything.

Hi hun, I used to be on the mini pill and came off it as I was having a period every other week. My longest one lasted two weeks which made me definitely decide to come off it. My OH supported me in the decison.

I can't remeber if I felt hormonal on, I may have been slightly. I went back the dr's to see if it was "normal " to be bleeding so much and was told to stay on it. For me, I couldn't cope with looking after a newborn, me and OH and having a period every other week.

I would go back to your dr and say you want to go onto a different pill, or just come off it altogether. When we have sex now, we only use condoms. However, we want to ttc once I've got back into work.

I would also definitely try and have a chat with your husband about how you're feeling and find out how he's feeling as well.

I noticed that I was less grumpy when I came off the pill, it also lowered my sex drive.

Having said that, I don't think it's right for him to go away on your anniversary.
He should know better than that. :hugs:

I don't take the pill for that reason. It made me have breakthrough bleeding and periods all over the place. I also had no sex drive. Might be worth stopping it to see if that helps. It doesn't suit everyone.

I would still be cross about the Las Vegas weekend though! I wouldn't stop my husband from going but I would insist that he should book something for the three of us to enjoy too.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"