O/T Poor Pussycat

Buffy71

Mummy to Harriet!
Reaction score
My poor little (huge!) gorgeous lovely huggable snuggly dribbly sweet natured moggie is poorly. I took him to the vet last week and he was diagnosed with cystitis (ouch!) so he had antibiotics and seemed to get better but this morning there was a bit of blood in his urine and he's feeling very sorry for himself (he gets really cuddly and clingy when he's feeling poorly).

I took him back to the vet (he gets totally stressed out in his cat travel box too so its always such a trauma taking him - poor lad) this morning, and I thought he'd probably give me another course of antibiotics and I'd be able to take him back home, but they've kept him in to x-ray his little tum and see if there is anything in his bladder and kidneys (stones/crystals/tumours/etc) and to take a sample of urine straight from his bladder (long needle straight through his tummy into his bladder to get a sterile sample!!). Sniffle.

He's a rescue cat (we got him last year) and I didnt want to leave him there incase he thinks he's being abandoned again (he was lost once - they think - and abandoned at a (different) rescue centre once (he was chipped but they did a moonlight flit apparently!) and I imagine him thinking he's been naughty and abandoned and trying to work out what he did wrong and it makes me cry!

I know I'm attributing too much of a thought process to my little moggie - he's just such a good boy and I dont want him to be sad!! Currently I'm sitting at my desk (being totally unproductive!) waiting for the vet to ring and tell me how he is.

Sorry to drivel on. I just feel blue!

Awwww, no... It's never ncie when your pet's are ill having to wait to make sure their ok...

I hope your moggy is all fine, and it's just something simple to fix... :)

Awww no. Poor little kitty. Its awful when your pets get ill. They are like children. I hate it when my dog Buddy the Beagles hurts himself or is sick. He looks at me with those eyes as if to say "Help me Mum" it's heartbreaking.

Hope he feels better soon and the vets let you know soon x x

awwwww darling!!! i know how you feel but i have dogs. (3) my youngest Teddy has a week bladder and has to be put on hormones and it changes her and she feels retched when she is on them or had a stinging wee wee! :( i hope your lil pussy cat gets better!!! and there will be no time beor you have hm in your arms again!
sending all my love and a big cudddle for you and your moggy!
xoxoxox

I hope he feels better soon and once again can brighten your day!

Poor little kitty. When my kitty is down I treat her to raw chicken and ham. Her two favorites - but they do seem to make her feel happier. Funny how no matter how bad they feel, you can usually still muster a purr from them with a tummy rub. Poor poppet, but somehow I think we always feel worse than they do!

awww, I hope he feels better soon. I have lots of pets and when one of them has been poorly I can never concentrate or settle if I'm waiting for the vet to ring.

I'm sorry to hear that your moggie is not feeling well. Does he have bladder issues often? Being an elder cat, it could be due to his diet. Do you feel him dry or wet food? This website has some great info on what you should feel your cat. www.catinfo.org. I hope your littleman feels better soon.

thanks girlies. I've got him back home. He's a bit wobbly on his legs from the anaesthetic. I don't think he likes me very much at the moment. Poor little lad. Hes only 8 and has wet food with biscuit down all the time too but he doesnt bother with it much. I put it down for him to minimise tartar. He's had some tuna and is a bit happier. It's his second problem with his water works in less than two weeks but he'd never had any probs before. They gave him a strong antibiotic injection which is supposed to last for two weeks and the vet said hopefully that should clear everything up. He couldn't see anything on the xray, but if the antibiotics don't work he'll need an ultra sound.

Hi hun,
Our kitty gets cystitis all the time! It's very frustrating but it's all down to stress with her. She's also a rescue cat and is very nervous/jealous of other cats. Not sure how she'll be when the baby arrives!!
I've read a lot about it and it's more common in female cats. Did the vet check his bladder? It's very common for male cats to get crystals in their bladder which causes the cystitis attack. We've also given hunny metacam from the vet which calms her but more recently we've found a herbal tablet (sculpcap & valerian) which seems to ease it after an hour or so. If it turns out to be crystals, he may need a small op but otherwise try adding extra drops of water to his food to help him strain less when he pees. Cats don't need a lot of water but this is often another problem.
Hope this helps and he's feeling better soon!!
X

Awwww, I know just how you feel, and can completely sympathise in how horrible it is to leave your beloved mog somewhere overnight! Our moggy boy Cifa (c for cat!) had to go to the cattery when we went on hol for 5 days a couple of weeks ago and I hated every moment of leaving him! I can't even begin to imagine what I'm going to be like when we have the baby and leave them overnight for the first time!

Hope he's fighting fit soon - Cifa had the same thing a couple of years ago and it soon clears up xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->