O/T upset with OH :(

Hayles

Reaction score
I just need to let off some steam coz I feel like utter poo... Ok, basically, a friend of my oh invited us out for a curry tonight in a bid to help encourage baby out, I thought this was quite sweet so was really looking forward to it. Then, my oh said today that we would get a taxi home as he didn't want to drive so he could drink. I was alright about it until I thought, my due date is in 5 days time, in theory I could drop at any moment and oh wants to get pissed? I told him I thought he should drive just incase I go into labour, to which he said that his friend would get upset if he didn't drink coz then they couldn't !! Now I could be being a hormonal cow bag but firstly if I were oh I wouldn't be drinking so close to due date but his friends should really understand him not drinking with them??!

I'm sorry it's just this whole drinking business has plagued my pregnancy as that's all oh seems to want to do. Just the other day he told me people at work were asking when he was going to wet the babys head, which really annoys me, why is it that we carry a baby for 9 months with all it's goings on and THEY get to go out and have fun???

I just know I'll go into labour on a night when oh is pissed and I swear down he ain't coming into the delivery room pissed as a fart annoying me!!

I think you have every right to be upset. If it were me in your situation I would probably rip my hubby's head off even if it were a hospital birth but as it stands we are having a homebirth and he is the ONLY person going to be there with me so he needs to be sober. I think on his part its a little immature and selfish to be drinking that close to your due date. A drink or two at dinner, probably would not bother me but planning to get smashed is another story!!

I hope he comes to his senses honey, oh and definitely I think the friends would understand-probably just a lame excuse for him to drink.

i agree with you, luckily my OH who will happily drink 1/2 bottle of wine at home on his own has announced last week that this weekend is his last weekend of drinking except for the odd 1 glass of wine.... i didnt even think about it but he obviously did!!! I do think that men dont think about the effects of this on us... you are right.. we carry the baby for 9 months with no alchohol, fags or anythign else we may enjoy only for them to be able to carry on as normal...

I dont think you are being hormonal, think your OH needs to be bit more considerate to you.. have you tried talking to him and explaining how youa ctually feel about this?

Hun I feel for you. I'm having the same trouble this last couple of weeks. OH is constantly out with his mates, even after work and coming home pissed or stoned. I'm not so far along as you, so I'm not worried about him not being ok for my labour. BUT he better pack it all in before I get to that point.

I am totally with you about us having to deal with all the in and outs of pregnancy while they do what the hell they like. Urgggh MEN!!

:hugs:

I've also told OH he won't be drinking near my EDD. I want him to be able to drive if we need to go to the hospital.

I'd be mad too. You could reasonably go into labor any minute. Does he want to be drunk for the birth of his child?

I would say to hubby not to have to many and remind him if I go into labour HE will be paying for the taxi for us to the hospital!!! that way he can't get the hump cause he isn't allowed but you don't have to worry about him being a prat at the hospital if it is tonight!

My hubby is VERY relaxed about the whole due date thing - where as i have been thinking every day for the last week (plus!!) is this the day, is this the day. I think its different for men they (ok some of them) just don't get the panic that its 5 days before and could be anytime now... as my hubby would say 'yeah but you can go over 14 days' I just want to hit mine when he says that! (plus not true in my case as i have my induction booked to to prev medical history)

Hope you are able to still go out and enjoy your curry with your mates (and your OH mate may also say something if he feels your OH is drinking too much, or may drink less himself so there is no pressure on you guys - if they were thoughtful enough to book a curry session they may have thought of alcohol too).

I would say to hubby not to have to many and remind him if I go into labour HE will be paying for the taxi for us to the hospital!!! that way he can't get the hump cause he isn't allowed but you don't have to worry about him being a prat at the hospital if it is tonight!

My hubby is VERY relaxed about the whole due date thing - where as i have been thinking every day for the last week (plus!!) is this the day, is this the day. I think its different for men they (ok some of them) just don't get the panic that its 5 days before and could be anytime now... as my hubby would say 'yeah but you can go over 14 days' I just want to hit mine when he says that! (plus not true in my case as i have my induction booked to to prev medical history)

Hope you are able to still go out and enjoy your curry with your mates (and your OH mate may also say something if he feels your OH is drinking too much, or may drink less himself so there is no pressure on you guys - if they were thoughtful enough to book a curry session they may have thought of alcohol too).

HaHa my hubby is in a constant panic asking me how I feel everyday and with every ache and pain he gets just as excited as I do. It's nice that he is so involved but puts a lot of pressure on me when I start to have some sporadic contractions and they stop and he just keeps asking if I think it will be soon :wacko:

I agree. My husband doesn't drink anymore, as he used to be a horrible alcoholic. But my older brothers drink. I told them though, that even if they've had one beer, I won't let them in my hospital room or around the baby. At first they were really mad about it, but now they understand, and decided to stop drinking a week ago, at least until after I've had her, as they want to be there in the waiting room when she's born, and want to see her as soon as she's born.

Did he say that he was planning on getting pissed? perhaps he didnt intend it to come across like he was hoping to have a good knees up and was meaning it more in the sense that he wants to have a couple of pints with his curry and not worry about being over the limit.

A few beer is not a biggie, one should not drive after one imo. But getting wasted is not cool, especially when you can have the baby any day. Would one or two be alright with you? Just clarify it with him and express your concern about him not being in the right frame of mind when you need him.

ur dead rite hun, ive about 3 weeks left and already im moannig if he goes out. i told him ive no problem with him havuing a few hrs in pub with mate but i dont want him drinking from now on. he understands but i kno if i told him to go one out and get pissed he wud, which not fair on us.

u have enough on ur mind without worrying tat ur birth parner mite b drunk went u go... we never kno wen wecould go.
chin up xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->