O/T.. Washing this bag for hospital..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by ImABeeMummy, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ImABeeMummy

ImABeeMummy Mummy, Daddy and Logan <3

I brought this bag not long ago and havent used it much, its been in storage for a while and smells like cat pee? like an amonia smell, its horrible!!

I figured that if I put it in the washing machine it would be okay for my hospital bag..
    https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...rchtext>HOLDALL.htm#pdpFullProductInformation
    Thats the link, its from argos,
    theres no label on it or anything, and im not even sure if its okay for the washing machine,

Should I just buy a new one? :shrug:

2. stephwiggy

stephwiggy Well-Known Member

If it smells really bad I would bin, but that's me.

3. meg79

meg79 Well-Known Member

I had a sports bag at the bottom of my spare wardrobe that I never knew my cat was using to wee in!!!! I chucked it!! and for the sake of £6, I'd buy a new one!! xx

4. Birdie747

Birdie747 Well-Known Member

I'd be tempted to bin it too but there's nothing wrong with washing it & seeing how it turns out, that way you haven't lost anything. Never know, it might turn out good as new :winkwink:

5. RachaelS

RachaelS Well-Known Member

If it doesn't smell after you've washed it then I wouldn't worry too much. I've got two smaller separate bags for hospital though, one for me and one for baby stuff just so that I can try to be more organized (I am usually so disorganized you wouldn't believe it!), so if you're worried you could always use this one for you and a different bag to put baby's clothes in:)

Rach.xx

6. ImABeeMummy

ImABeeMummy Mummy, Daddy and Logan <3

thanks girls, i reckon il just buy a new one =P any excuse for shopping!!
    and il buy a little one for baby aswel <3
    OH can take a carrier bag!! LOL

7. charli19891

charli19891 Guest

I have that bag and use it to take my son swimming and have put it in the wash and its all good!! :) smells lovely and didn't ruin it at all x