O/T: worried first time mommy to be

girl-22

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I'm trying to find answer to my question,so I decided to post here as well.Hope u don't mind

I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my first baby.I know ur already a playroom,but I said to myself who can give me the better answer regarding a pregnancy issue then a woman who recently gave birth.

So, my problem is..excessive fetal hiccups.My lil girl gets them all the time ( 5+ times a day actually,10 min each time).This happens everyday.It got worst since 28 weeks.
I remember hearing something on the doppler even before,like around 20 weeks or so,but i wasnt able to feel them.

I made mistake and Googled it so now ,as u can imagine I'm scared to death.The articles I found speak about regular hiccups being a sign of cord problem.I saw my doctor 2 days ago and asked him what he thinks.He said he would qualified those movements as breathing ones,not hiccups and that yes,I feel them more than average but it's nothing serious.He laughed when i mentioned the cord problems I've been reading about.However,he refused to give me another u/s.He said baby's position,HR and growth is well,so no need.I did have a NST and he said the baby is in super shape.Do u think that the machine would pick up any kind of cord problems?

Any thoughts/advices/opinions to share?
Did ur babies get the hiccups a lot in utero and what did ur doctors say about this?

I'm sorry for the long post..Every replay would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you and have a nice day everybody

Hi, I used to feel hiccups loads, I was always told it was common because they take in fluid. I never even asked a Dr. I'm not sure what an NST is but if you've been told the baby is in good shape then I'm sure you've nothing to worry about. Step away from google and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :)

Hello,

My LO hiccupped lots before she was born...and quite a bit after she was born. She is perfectly healthy and it was never something I worried about. As you probably know you can Google anything imaginable and come back with horror stories!

Lx

i did as well and LO had them after he was born alot too. he was in perfect health ;) dont worry hun!

My lo had hiccups at least once a day, every day for the last few weeks of my pregnancy. She was all fine and healthy. She gets hiccups everyday now too bless her!

My lo had hiccups all the time in the womb .. i never really worried about it just assumed it was normal as they take in amniotic fluid .. she still hiccups at least once a day now and shes perfectly healthy.

If your babys hb is fine and growth is fine i really wouldnt worry :)

From another point of view, Alex was born at 27weeks and she had hiccups allllllll the time during the time that she should have been in utero

My lo had hiccups all the time in-utro and out. Especially for the 1st 8 weeks Even 7 months down the line she still gets them regular

My LO had hiccups allll the time as well. She did after she was born too.
She still has them now but nowhere near as frequently.

I guess she takes after me because I'm prone to getting them too!

Finn was hiccuppy inside, and then outside. Sometimes hiccups are just the sign of a hiccuppy baby!

My LO had loads of hiccups -- as did my sis' eldest.

Actually, due to an anterior placenta, my DH couldn't feel baby move -- except once when baby had the hiccups! My entire tummy would jump. He had them at least a few times a day starting around 30 weeksish. I felt them for the first time somewhere around 26 weeks, but only occassionally then.

He also hiccuped lots after being born. Now he hiccups EVERYtime he laughs! :haha:

I asked my OB nurse about loads of hiccups toward the end. She said it was normal and good. It meant that his nervous system was developing and hooking up well!

Thanks for all the replays.
My lil girl keeps getting the hiccups.Now they last 15-20 min.
I just saw my doctor.I'm going for a scan on Tuesday to ease my mind.The HB looks good even tho it's bit slow according to me.I guess if the doctor thought the same he would send me for further tests.
I really hope that everything's fine with my lil one.Pls pray for us.

Jack had hiccups loads every day and hes fine xxx

Yup me too, they felt quite severe at times n seemed to last for ages. Sam is 4 months on boxing day and still gets them!! Personally I wouldn't worry; easier said than done tho I know!! And I'm afraid the worrying only increases when LO is here!!

All the best for the rest of your pregnancy Hun x x

I appreciate ur replays :)
What do u girls mean by few times a day? Like 2 times or 5-6? The frequency of my baby's hiccups it's what worries me.
I really hope everything's fine.
Strange how my worries change as the pregnancy progresses.
First trimester I feared miscarriage,second preterm labor,now stillbirth...
I was thinking that once I approach the final weeks I'll be more relaxed , but i was wrong lol each week i find something new to worry about :p

As u said, it's just the beginning of my worries :)

luca had hiccups atleast 20 times a day. he hiccuped alot after birth too. hes perfect :)

And once baby is here, the worries continue! My latest worry: LO seems to have short legs... :dohh: Which is perfectly NOT a problem as his dad has short legs and LO has his dad's body type. :haha:

Doesn't stop me from worrying!

I think I had plenty of days when LO would hiccup at least a half dozen times or more.. and that was when I was awake... he probably did it more when I slept.

Like 4-5 times a day definitely!!! Honest I really do think u have nothing to worry about! But as I said u will anyway that's what mommies do!! Soon you'll b ace at it! A professional worrier!!!! X x x

My LO had the hiccups like 3+ times a day like 5-10 minutes at a time. He came out just fine. No problems at all. Perfectly healthy.

Willow had the hiccups ALLL the time when i was pregnant with her.. at least 10 times a day id feel the hiccups. she was born perfectly healthy! i wouldnt worry about it AT ALL. and dont always believe what you read on the internet ..

Willow get the hiccups now too .. almost as much as she did when i was pregnant with her. i think she takes after her daddy .. which he gets them ALOT lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->