Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.. with FLAX!

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
1/2 cup (125mL) butter -- this is one stick of butter
2/3 cup (150mL) brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
1 1/2 cups (375mL) old-fashioned rolled oats -- not quick cooking/instant
3/4 cup (175mL) whole wheat flour -- barley flour will work, all purpose probably too!
1/2 cup (125mL) groud flaxseeds
1/2 tsp (2mL) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2mL) cinnamon
1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
1/2 cup (125mL) chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla.

In another large bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, ground flaxseeds, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir dry ingredients into butter until well mixed, then stir in chocolate chips.

Drop batter in 1 tbsp (15mL) drops onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Space 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown, cool on rack.

* I didn't line my cookie sheets with parchment paper; instead I have a baking mat, and I put that on my large cookie sheet. I had more cookie dough leftover, only enough for a small sheet of cookies, and I figured there was enough butter to prevent them from sticking & I was right - no problem. So if you haven't got parchment paper, it's alright! If you're really worried maybe spray with Pam first??

* You can't really tell when these cookies are "golden brown", so I just kept checking the bottoms to ensure they weren't getting overdone and pulled them out when they seemed to stay together and the bottom looked slightly browned.

They're an interesting take on chocolate chip cookies.. I looove them!

ooh these would be so good for BFing mammies who need to increase milk, im going to make some!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->