"obese" baby bumps?

mrs.rodrigues

Reaction score
Hello ladies!! i origanally posted this on the wrong board oops...

I am current 5 feet 3 inches tall and weigh in at 215lbs bmi 36.4 :dohh: ...i am going for my first IUI with donor sperm with the next two weeks(af comes saturday!!) basiclly i am becoming more worried about my weight everyday although my RE hasnt mentioned it as a problem. on the other hand i have my own selfish vein worrys....what on earth will i look like preggo will anyone even notice? in a perfect world the little one could just push out all my fat to a nice hard round stomach but i know that wont happen....and im prepared for a B belly that i will work my hardest to mask into a D

so here are my questions

1. did you experince and complications due to weight? if so what/

2. could you ladies be so kind as to post those bellys for me to see?

Thanks so much hopefully i will be able to post my bump soon enough

I am 5'6 and 250lbs and I looked like this when I was pregnant with my son. I actually lost weight during my pregnancy because the baby sped up my metabolism. After I had him I weighed 212. So you never know! (It wouldn't let me post the picture, so just type https// in front of the URL below.

i33.photobucket.com/albums/d85/splishs
/9921_1177430929107_1628143055_447258_5873820_a.jpg

I'm 35 weeks pregnant my bmi is 40 had my appointment with consultant midwife today and she said i am at risk of a caesarean. I got to see Anneatatist on 21st, am i entitled to ask for a caesarean and what are the chances of me having one?

Hi, I'm 5'1, weigh 187lbs and BMI of 35.18
I've actually lost weight during the pregnancy so far as I'm ill with vertigo. My BMI was 37 at my 8week check in appointment.

I'm under consultant care as my daughter was born by emergency csection due to fetal distress, she had a hole in her heart and was in NICU for 3weeks.
During my 8week appointment my midwife explained I would be under consultant care because of my weight, here, if your BMI is over 37 then you are automatically under consultant care so they don't recommend a home birth, water birth etc.
By my next check up at 12 weeks, I'd been so ill and lost well over a stone in weight that my BMI was well below 37 so my consultant only sees me in regards to having a previous c section and my daughters complications, so she is happy for me to go ahead and try for a VBAC :happydance:

My weight seems to be staying where it is now and I'm managing the vertigo abit better to keep some food down.

I too have worried and moaned on and on to my OH that I wouldn't get a lovely bump and people will just think I'm even fatter than normal :cry:
But no, my belly is definately hard now and has been for the last few weeks. I have a overhang from my csection so I do have a pouch of fat there but above it is hard, I'm feeling the baby move :happydance: can find the heartbeat with a doppler and have done since 9 weeks :happydance: and I think - depending on what I wear but I'm definately starting to look more like a pregnant weeble than just a weeble :haha:

I'll post some pics for you now...

12 weeks then 18 weeks. I think and hope there is a difference... :dohh:

Attachments

• DSC_0629.jpg
    DSC_0629.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0661.jpg
    DSC_0661.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0662.jpg
    DSC_0662.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi, I'm 5'1, weigh 187lbs and BMI of 35.18
I've actually lost weight during the pregnancy so far as I'm ill with vertigo. My BMI was 37 at my 8week check in appointment.

I'm under consultant care as my daughter was born by emergency csection due to fetal distress, she had a hole in her heart and was in NICU for 3weeks.
During my 8week appointment my midwife explained I would be under consultant care because of my weight, here, if your BMI is over 37 then you are automatically under consultant care so they don't recommend a home birth, water birth etc.
By my next check up at 12 weeks, I'd been so ill and lost well over a stone in weight that my BMI was well below 37 so my consultant only sees me in regards to having a previous c section and my daughters complications, so she is happy for me to go ahead and try for a VBAC :happydance:

My weight seems to be staying where it is now and I'm managing the vertigo abit better to keep some food down.

I too have worried and moaned on and on to my OH that I wouldn't get a lovely bump and people will just think I'm even fatter than normal :cry:
But no, my belly is definately hard now and has been for the last few weeks. I have a overhang from my csection so I do have a pouch of fat there but above it is hard, I'm feeling the baby move :happydance: can find the heartbeat with a doppler and have done since 9 weeks :happydance: and I think - depending on what I wear but I'm definately starting to look more like a pregnant weeble than just a weeble :haha:

I'll post some pics for you now...

i hope your daughter was okay, my heart goes out to you i lost my little brother at 8 monthes for that very same reason.

you look great btw! i feel so big as it is if i am preggo(2ww over on the 16th) im just afriad ill look gross. i know they tell you not to lose weight but i hope i have one of those miracle pregnancys where you lose it in a healthy way and are totally fine is that selfish lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"