Obgyn says I'm 8 weeks only gestational sack and yoke no baby Help me

Gretchen1226

Reaction score
So I went to my doctor when they thought I was 6 weeks and 7 days did ultrasound only gestational sac had me come back 2 weeks later when I was 8 weeks 2 days and only saw just a tional sac and yolk no baby. The doctor said it is best to wait and see if it passes naturally and to come back in 2 weeks. I was devastated. Then I went back and looked at my calendar and Wonder If I ovulated late and I'm really only maybe seven weeks. This waiting game is going to kill me has anybody else gone through this?

I'm so sorry hun but even at 7 weeks you would see a baby. With the two weeks between scans in between you would expect a lot more progression, babies grow fast in the early weeks. Id rather be honest with you because giving false hope is no help. If you need anyone to talk to feel free to message me, I've been in your position and know how heartbreaking it is. Hugs.

Thanks you for being honest. All i want is for everyone to be honest with me. I guess I should have said it all in a different way. What if the first time I went I was truely only 4 weeks and a couple days and the next only 6 weeks and a couple days? So if I go in two weeks I will be really about 8 weeks. I know I'm just living on false hope. I just need to realize that its just not meant to be. Guess I'm just in denial because I wanted this peanut so bad.

When did you get a positive test? Would making yourself over a week earlier than expected mean you wouldnt have got your bfp when you did? If you are not as far gone as you thought and you truly are only 6 weeks then it's possible not to see much on a scan. I had a scan at 6-+4 with my dd and all we could see was a sac. Nothing more, not even a yolk sac. But two weeks later at the next scan there was a baby with a strong heartbeat. Can you not push for a scan a little sooner. A week really should give you some kind of idea if the pregnancy is progressing. I really will keep my fingers crossed for you.

How long before scan did you have your bfp and do you have a note of the size of the gestational sac at both scan appts?

On Tuesday it was only 3 mm I think. I was crying and upset. My husband said it was 3 mm. My doc wants to wait two weeks to see if my body miscarrys on its own. My just praying he is wrong and I conceived later. From my calendar it had to have been the end of the next week

Hun I'm sorry your going through this, I have been there myself and prayed for that miracle that never came, I hope its different for you though :flower:

I'm so sorry hun. One of the previous ladies was correct that even at 7 weeks there should be a small blob of baby. So sorry

So my husband was wrong on the size. We really don't know what size. Called the doctor and he does not want me to take the pill or have a DNC. He counted and said if I did ovulate a week later then all his numbers would be off. So now I wait. Either the miscarriage happens on its own or I go back May 11th and he retest and either baby is there or not. If it is wonderful if it isn't then I'm going to ask for a DNC asap. In two weeks we will know for sure and I won't have all this doubt running through me.

Is there anywhere that can do a private scan for in between

You can book a scan, where abouts are you, they have lots of places that offer very reasonable pricing xxx How are you feeling? I think all this waiting is so out of order on you!

I can go to the hospital if anything weird happens. I'm kinda freaking out right now. Have period like cramps but no bleeding. I laid down a bed pad and put on a pad myself just encase. I wish I could just sleep for two weeks. My husband is so sweet. Came to bed early with me just so he could hold me. This all sucks. I don't know if I'm just overwhelming myself. Maybe everything really is ok. Ugh. Good night everyone and thanks for all your advice and concern!

I can go to the hospital if anything weird happens. I'm kinda freaking out right now. Have period like cramps but no bleeding. I laid down a bed pad and put on a pad myself just encase. I wish I could just sleep for two weeks. My husband is so sweet. Came to bed early with me just so he could hold me. This all sucks. I don't know if I'm just overwhelming myself. Maybe everything really is ok. Ugh. Good night everyone and thanks for all your advice and concern!

Ah this post made me teary! Enjoy your cuddle, can you get some personal time off from work?

Truthfully being in a similar spot, you should be able to see a fetal pole for certain and probably a heartbeat. That said, if there's any chance at all you are wrong on dates don't give up hope. In my case as I wait I KNOW my dates and it's not looking good at all. We have very sophisticated ultrasound machines at my hospital and the tech told me by 6 weeks a pole should be detected and if not it's looking good. Is it possible your dates are off at all? The two week wait (me too) is stupid. A week is enough because in a week they could see progression. It's really crappy to make us wait two weeks and in my case only to confirm what my heart knows.

Was really crampy last night and today nothing. I pretty much know its gone. Can't stop crying. I wanted it so bad. Everything happens for a reason.

Its not over. I get some of the worst cramps

Was really crampy last night and today nothing. I pretty much know its gone. Can't stop crying. I wanted it so bad. Everything happens for a reason.

You don't know that xxx wait and see i have had some horrid cramps with all of my lot xxxx :hugs:

Super crampy, wiped when I went pee and saw brownish blood and pink on toilet paper but that's all. Scared to death.

Super crampy, wiped when I went pee and saw brownish blood and pink on toilet paper but that's all. Scared to death.

I always have spotting too, please try to relax a bit, i know its easier said than done xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->