oblique position??

marie24

mother of 2 and expecting
Reaction score
Hi been to midwifes today and they told me baby is in this position any1 else the same and knows what happens if she stays in this position x

Would this be the same as the "transverse" position? If so, your baby still has time to move. If she stays in this position, however, you may require a c-section. There is still time! Also your doctor or midwife may be able to position him manually.

Not oblique but my baby is transverse. I know that you can't deliver a transverse baby without a c-section (so my LO had better shift his arse in the next few weeks, ahaha) but I don't know anything about oblique babies sorry!

Hope I don't need c section I had one last time with a breech really hoping for natural this time x

u dont need to start worrying bout positioning til ur 37-38 weeks hun, mine was transverse at 32 weeks and turned 2 weeks later,

I believe oblique is transverse ... Please correct me if i'm wrong.
My lo is transverse also and have been told c section is inevitable if if doesn't move. But at 30 wk he still has time to move so not worried ... Yet.

Thanks everyone fingers crossed she moves x

Oblique is not the same as transverse,transverse is sideways or hip to hip. Oblique is diagonal,or like my baby is at the moment,his bum is under my right bood and his head is resting on my left hip,so diagonal. My LO has gone from head down to breech then he went transverse and is now oblique. They were talking about section when they found he was transverse but they are hoping his head will move a bit then 'fall' into the pelvis. I am 38 weeks

I'm going through this same crap right now. My baby is oblique. It's painful; the little bum was trying to flip into breech position and got stuck diagonally because he's a big kid. I went to SpinningBabies.com and have been trying what they say to do to get him head-down again. Also, sleep on the side where his head is... It supposedly helps. Also, I keep trying to lean to the side where his head is and bouncing on my birthing ball to try and get the rest of his body to kinda switch to that side so he can get unstuck. I figure it's worth a shot!

I have read in many places, though, that it's common for an oblique (or even transverse) baby to get pushed into a head-down position and become engaged during labor from the pressure of the contractions. Hopefully, if nothing else works, that happens for us!

My baby's oblique at the minute. Midwife wasn't concerned at all and said that he/she has got loads of time to move :thumbup:

I was told at 28wk that baby was transverse ... Laying across. At 31 wk I was told he was now oblique breech and that point he was diagonal ... Head under right rib ... Feet at left hip.

Was told not to worry until 36 weeks as still has turning time but if no change it would mean c section

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->