Oblong sac at 6 weeks?

Mak14

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I am newly pregnant (6 weeks 3 days) but according to my Us today I am 6 weeks 1 day. My question is did any of you ladies have an oblong sac? The shape of mine is long and slim if that makes sense. We did see the heart beat and the us tech said it was 127bpm and Crl was .42cm. I just wanted to see if all this sounds common/normal to you ladies? The shape of the sac has me a little concerned but my dr didn't seem really concerned. Just wanting some insight from fellow moms. Thanks so much for your time!

Can you post a picture of it? In my experience, gyns with early scans are worry warts so if there is a hint of something wrong they tell you for liability purposes. Keep in mind that it could be the angle at which the picture was taken. I wouldn't worry about it. Have you directly asked your doctor about the shape?

Its not letting me post a pic. The shape appears like a skinny banana. This is my 2nd pregnancy but almost 8 years later =) so everything is brand new again

:) I just did a preliminary Google search and it seems like oblong banana sacs are pretty common at 6 weeks. It should round out in a week or two.

"Oh, and I just messaged a friend (sonographer for 15 yrs) to ask about this. .

Edited for her response: The somewhat long shape could be because of the pressure the sonographer was putting on your belly/ uterus. No need to worry about the shape. Sometimes there is a concern for irregular shaped gestation sac, but that truly looks just fine. They are not always perfectly round." Found that. Thought it might help ease your mind :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->