Obsessed with buying PGT

Ginag88

First Time Mommy WTT#2
Reaction score
Every month I have to control myself not to go out and buying another pregnancy test. They are so expensive but I still cant help it. What do you do to stop yourself from buying a test every time you feel something "unusal"?

Ummm, I'd like to know the answer, cuz I sure haven't figured it out yet!

yeah, you are so not alone on that one. my friend told me to go buy ALL the prego tests at the store then i might feel better, plus would be very funny checking out :) That way at least you have fun!! I bought one from a really young kid at the pharmacy once, he wouldn't even look me in the eye :) I guess if we can't stop buying them, at least we can buy them and have a story behind it!! :)

Do you have Dollar Store in New York? The dollar store that has the green sign? They carry tests for only $1............so, these don't break the bank!

I just try to remember the disappointment every time I get a nasty BFN. I was terrible the first few months, but the last couple of months I've been better.

Now I just periodically scour Amazon and places for good deals and only then do I allow myself to buy them.

why don't you just buy internet cheapies? Then you can test every month and you'll only waste 20¢.

Which internet cheapies would you recommend??

I have bought so many and I'm only on my second cycle!!!!! My fiancé thinks it's hilarious.. especially since I tell him I won't use the digital ones unless I already know I'm pregnant just so I can see the word!!! haha It's gotten bad where he bought some at the store for me so I kind of think he may be an addict too... or an enabler :)

I just got my shipment of some internet cheapies in and I already used the ovulation ones even though my cycle just started! :) POAS is very fun! lol I got really bummed when I took the HPTs last month and they kept saying negative though.

Which internet cheapies would you recommend??

I use the One Step tests off of Ebay, just ordered 30 OPKs and 20 HPTs for $8.99 w/ free shipping! Don't let yourself but the 100 Hpt's though, no matter how tempting they are at under $20, lol, it's just tooo much temptation!

Here's a Link

https://cgi.ebay.com/LH-Ovulation-h...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5f77820b1e

and it's a US seller.

I got the internet cheapies from Amazon. Wondfo is the brand. You get 25 for $5.60. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YIQEQ

I also got a bunch of little plastic cups to wee in.:haha: since they're the dip type of test.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IFBFXI

Here's a Link

https://cgi.ebay.com/LH-Ovulation-h...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5f77820b1e

and it's a US seller.

I was happy when I found a sale of 2 for 10$, those prices are crazy! Don't you worry that they aren't as accurate?

Last cycle I was having some bleeding and controlled myself to only 1 test per day in the morning, whch was till 10 tests=100$... so a cheaper alternative would be great, because if I am curious and I have them avaialble in the house I WILL pee on them...

They are accurate, and sensitive, they CAN have evaps though, so you need to ONLY read them within the time limit, and if you do see a line with pink in it a better test should be taken to confirm. I suggest taking one before O or right after so you know you are not pregnant and you can know what they look like IYKWIM, but really, even with the very light grey evaps (which do NOT happen all of the time) they are well worth the money!

The cheap tests are as accurate as expensive ones, as far as I know, but like the previous poster said, be sure to check the result within the time limit. If a test line appears after the time limit, it is a negative result.

The sensitivities of cheap tests vary from brand to brand. I've seen some cheap ones on eBay that were ultra sensitive. I personally buy mine off Amazon, however I mainly buy OPKs because those are what I go through the most. I like to buy bulk packages that come with a few HPTs.

I don't understand why some people buy disposable cups for testing. I use a little 6oz yoghurt cup. I rinse it out after every use. I often take 2-3 OPKs a day for weeks on end because my cycles are irregular. My trash would fill up awfully fast if I used a new cup every time. Besides it rather seems like a waste of money. Just my opinion though. The expensive tests you buy in drugstores, you don't necessarily need a cup to use, because they have a plastic casing around them. However, you would need to dip the cheap tests into a cup.

Haha I just bought some pregnancy tests of amazon, the digital ones, just in case this month is the month! and i was looking at a pack of 50 opk's on ebay! i am obsessed already and this is my first month ttc xxx

I bought 15 IC's off amazon this month! :blush: I'm glad I did, since I was paying £5 a test before, but wow it's tempting to use one every time I go to the loo!

Erm ok just went and bought the 50 OPK tests off ebay! arghhhh, someone stop me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->