Obsessing about appointment yesterday.

paintrider89

Reaction score
I'll try to keep this short. I really like my OB...but yesterday he was running beind. So much that I spent 45min in the waiting room.
I requested a membrane strip, on my piece of paper, to the aid and to the nurse. Doctor checked me and said I was high and not dialated. He then promptly told me that I would need to be induced next week, and left the nurse and me to schedual for thr 28th.
I know his policy is to not go past 41 weeks, but I am still quite upset, and feel like I get no say. I have gone into this pregnacy knowing I didn't want the induction, and praying I would go before the 41 week mark.

Now I realize that I still have 6 days, and little man could come any time, but I really wanted to try the encouragement of a membrane strip and give myself that 'I did everything I could' to avoid it. So now I kind of want them to try again on monday or tuesday, but I didn't schedual, and they are not in the office Fridays. I am also grouchy that they have it at 7am, when at my 39 week appointment we had discussed me going in at night and getting the pill they put in the cervix and breaking of my water, because I absolutely do NOT want pitocin. And while they can still do that in the AM, I think I will be up all day, and have to labor at night, quite exausted.

I am in a debate as to if I should call monday and ask them to try the membrane strip, and to move me to a night appointment where I can sleep while the cervix is doing its thing, and do my walking and laboring during the day.

I know these things don't often go according to plan, but as I would like to be as mobile as possible, and not have to be constantly on the monitor either. I also know if they tell me I don't have a favorable cervix for labor like last time, I am going to refuse it.

I would definitely call and tell them you want to get this done as it wasn't done when you were in. I don't even see them saying no since your already term! Good luck! Xx

If you aren't dilated at all, to my understanding they cant actually do a sweep because you need to be open enough to reach up in there to do it. ( this is what my mw told me when i went to have one at 40+3 with my last bub )

Hopefully you can still get the chance to have one definitely call up and ask to see if you can be checked again to have it done. I hope bubby decides to come soon.

Good point Calais...=/ hope you get progression soon!

If you aren't dilated at all, to my understanding they cant actually do a sweep because you need to be open enough to reach up in there to do it. ( this is what my mw told me when i went to have one at 40+3 with my last bub )

Hopefully you can still get the chance to have one definitely call up and ask to see if you can be checked again to have it done. I hope bubby decides to come soon.

I understand why he couldn't do it. What I am frustrated about is that they didn't even offer me another appointment before my induction to try it again, even though I have told him SEVERAL times I want to avoid induction if at all possible.

I would push for what you want. It doesn't sound like you are making an unreasonable request.

Thank you, I don't want to be unreasonable, but DH and I are done after this baby, and I just want that spontaneous, free to move around, and possibly med free labor (not gonna lie, I'm a wimp and may cave on pain meds) but I want whats put into my body to be my decision this time.

You definitely have the right to ask for a membrane strip, definitely get another appt
Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->