Obsessing, probably a stupid question LOL...

JK1978

Reaction score
Does anyone know... does your body stop producing HCG if you m/c but don't ...erm... expell the fetus, or bleed, or whatnot... Basically I keep having nightmares that I go to the doc and there baby is gone. Last night I had one that made me panic, though I am sure it's just b/c we had a hard time with the fetal doppler so I got myself all worked up..

Anyway, took a test and the test line is still darker then the control line, have had no bleeding or cramping, but no real preg sxs either.

Would the HPT be light, or fading if for some reason the baby failed to thrive, or would I have no idea til the US?

Thanks
April

hey hun sorry dont have a aswere for you but wanted to let you know i know how you feel i havent even had my first scan yet its comming up next wensday but i also have been having nightmares about the same. im not having any problems either no bleeding no cramping our nothing to worry me , just these nightmares that i go for my scan and they see nothing. no baby i wake up and wanna cry and try to tell myself its ok.

I havent got a clue x but i hope your feeling a bit less anxoius now xx

I know they say not to worry or obsess but I can't help it, im so nervous all the time :(

I still worry. Though my belly grows I still can't help but feel maybe it's my body thinking im still pregnant that's why my belly is growing. I get nervous silly thoughts too. It is very normal and a very maternal feeling. You stop producing hormones 4-6 weeks after you lost the baby.

Yea my friend is trying to have a baby after a loss and she still isnt sure if her levels are back to normal. I guess it depends on how high they were too. Like if they were low im sure its faster then 4-6 weeks.

SHoot I mean youre levels drop to nothing 4-6 weeks after you m/c haha i worded that wrong sorry... I meant it takes 4-6 weeks for youre levels to go back to normal. Ugh preggy brain of mine

Do you think you'd see the line fading on a HPT if the levels were dropping... like say it stopped thriving at 6-7 weeks, by 8-9 weeks the line would surley start getting lighter, no? I held my pee for one hour, and diluted it 1/3 pee, 2/3 water and the line is still darker then the control line (yes, i'm legally insane at this point) In my mind I think, surely all is fine, right?

Eeep maybe I shouldnt have replied. Girl you are fine and baby is fine :) Big hugs to you. I feel so bad now errrr

NO NO NO!!!!! LOL I did this all well before talking to you, you are helping, not hurting XOXOX

Oh thank god for that, Im not the only one whos going insane!! Im so convinced that when I go for my scan on Monday, they'll tell me baby stopped growing a few weeks ago or something bad :( Surely if something like that happend then I would of had bleeding by now or pains? Which I havent! Think Im just paranoid.
Havent really got an answer hun apart from try not to think about it, easier said than done I know but Im sure you and baby are fine :)
X

Yep that's what I try telling myself, too. All my losses were heavy bleeding and cramping right away, so Im thankful its not occurring, it's just painfully slow approaching my next appt :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->