Obstetric Cholestasis & RhD Factors Rhesus

my dad is ab+ my mum, is O- my 2 older brothers and i are all O-
my DH is O+.

I had an anti D earlier this year when i had a mc, i will be due for another one at 28 weeks if i have a + baby on board

Guys can you help me with this question?

I'm Rh- and my first baby was Rh+. Hubby is Rh+. I'm now pregnant with #2.

I'm having my bloods taken on Monday. The midwife said they will be testing to see if I have developed any antibodies. Is it possible that I have developed antibodies despite having all the jabs during my first pregnancy and after giving birth?

I'm RH+, but I have another blood antibody called Duffy. There are quite a few other antigens aside from RH, but it's really rare to have a problem... Hoping it doesn't cause issues with my twins. There is no "anti-Duffy" shot. :(

i am rh- and didnt find this out til i was actually in labour! (they lost my blood 3 times!!) My DS was RH+ (same as the father) and i was terrified that i have got anti bodies as i had a bleed in the pregnancy. Since then me and DS father have split up and i am with another fella who thankfully is rh- so this baby will defo be rh- so no need for me to worry about the anti bodies (even thou they have tested me for them?)

btw my mum is rh+ and my dad is RH- me and my 2 sisters are all RH-

I had a very slight bleed/spotting when my period was due i know im A- and have had injections with previous pregnancies now with this bleed should i have had anti-d? I dont have a midwife app till im 12 weeks so really unsure and worried.

The bleed was b4 i found out i was pregnant.

I am rhesus negative and have had 3 children but never needed the anti d as my hubby is also rhesus negative therefore it's impossible for our babies not to be rhesus negative too!

I am Rh- and my husband and DD are +. I am13 wks pregnant with no2. I have had a tricky time so far. Bleeding at 7 weeks, no anti-d needed. Now have been spotting on and off since 12 wks+2 now 13+3. Got an anti-d yesterday. I have had 3 scans in a week to check everything is ok. So far so good. Very active baby, strong heartbeat. AM now waiting on re-test for NT scan and bloods as first came back high risk. Then need to decide if I have the amnio! HAppy that I am pregnancy but cant wait for the little one to be born!

I'm O- and had a little bit of vaginal bleeding on fri following a little bit of passion! Haven't had any spotting at all before so i got a bit of a fright but very luckily i had read on B&B about girls who have had spotting following romance! Went to hosp yesterday morn, had blood taken and i've to call back today to see if i have antibodies. I'll get my antiD today if i have which the dr says will last me about 6 weeks and that if we get passionate again and the same minimal spotting happens it'll be ok. She reckoned not to let the minimal spotting put us off the romance! Good job really, i've had visitors the last 3 weeks and himself had the flu before that so you can only imagine we are both rearing to get back to our normal regular lovelife!! And yay no more morning sickness!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm thankful that this thread is here. My mom had always told me my blood type was A+ (as she swears that's what they told her I was when I was born), but my bloodwork came back and I'm apparently O- (which means that my dad has a negative blood type, despite what they had thought). My hubby is Rh+, which means I'm going to end up getting Rhogam at 28w.

I'm terrified as I've been reacting poorly to all sorts of medications (the latest being morphine, just before my pregnancy). Hoping my body adjusts well with this situation.

*sigh* So nervous... :-\

I'm O- and had anti-D shots in my last pg so hoping I don't have antibodies for whatever reason now!

Hi guys. I am not sure I am understanding this correct. But if you are rH- does that mean that you need to get a shot in the first trimester and again at 28 weeks? I had spotting at 6 weeks and was in the hospital and the baby is fine, i am 11 weeks and my blood type is A+ and thats all I know. If I have a blood type of A+ does that mean I am rH+? I'm just a little confused. Not sure if you can have A+ and be rH- as + normally goes with +....can someone please explain? lol

well I just found out I am rh+ so you can forget that post lol

There is a difference between cholestasis of pregnancy and rh incompatibility. The cause of cholestasis of pregnancy is very poorly known while the cause of rh incompatibility is quite clear. Moreover there is minimum risk to the mother in cases of rh incompatibility. It the baby which is at highest risk. But the mother is also at risk in cholestasis of pregnancy.

Thank you for your reply but I already talked to my doctor about it. I am rh+ and a+ blood type, and everything is fine. I don't need a rhogram shot. Thanks

I don't think RH neg can cause higher incidence of miscarriage but would be interested to find out if it is the case?

No it does not increase miscarriage risk however if there is a positive baby growing inside, that is when you need the Antibody injections as my doctor told me that being Rhesus negative is fine and most women go on to have healthy babies

I am rhesus negative and the only concern my doc had was if the baby is R+ but we cannot know that this early

As above, im rh negative and the OH is A+. All three of my little ones are also positive. After delivering the babies they have given me the anti D injection so that i do not develop anti bodies to the babies blood. Not sure if it increases the risk of miscarriage.

As above, im rh negative and the OH is A+. All three of my little ones are also positive. After delivering the babies they have given me the anti D injection so that i do not develop anti bodies to the babies blood. Not sure if it increases the risk of miscarriage.

it would have only increased your miscarriage risk if you had not had any anti-B shots after giving birth as your body would not have been able to desensitize and this is what makes miscarriage a high risk in second and third time pregnancies in women who are rh- who have had a + baby as 85% of the population are rhesus positive so being negative just may pose a few more risks but it seems to only be in subsequent pregnancies without any shots given.

My grandmother and her sister were both a- and had + husbands and suffered many miscarriages after giving birth the one time. Back then they had no idea of this rhesus factor so they were simply told after three miscarriages in a row that they could no longer have children. :nope:
The times have changed, thank the lord for that:happydance:

I am A- and hubby is A+. This is my first pregnancy. When the doctor's office confirmed by blood that i am pregnant... i mentioned this to him and he didn't seem worried. He told that i would get a shot around 28 weeks.

But then i read on here how many women miscarry in the first trimester due to the incompatibility. So why won't they give me (and others) a shot early to prevent this?

I know i have to be missing something.. but i have been to two doctors and they both won't even entertain the idea. Stopped me mid sentence and told me not to worry. IF something comes up worry then, but for now just relax and everything will be okay. They will give me a shot at 28 weeks. I don't get it.

Can someone help me to understand what i am missing here.

Hi i am wondering if anyone can give me some advice please.

My blood type is B- we have no idea what dh is but strongly suspect he is +. We are about to start ivf with icsi and i am wondering if we should be getting his blood type checked now and whether a gp would actually test him for it. I remember when i wanted to find out my blood type the only way they told me i could was to donate blood which i did a few years back hence why i know my blood type.
Also when would you actually be able to get the anti d injection, for example if you had spotting during the 2ww after the ivf would that consitute needing to get the injection?

Thanks for any info

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"